eSignal and European fees

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GeorgeSoros, May 27, 2002.

1. wild

wild

beside eSignal being by far the superior service overall, you´ll most likely find their European fee structure acceptable after looking at this:

www.tenfore.com

www.enexx.com

www.fides.ch

regards

wild

#21     May 28, 2002
  2. alain

alain

for your information... fides and enexx are the same.

fides is the european real tick data feed.

#22     May 28, 2002
  3. wild

wild

for the record:

IRD is the same as Enexx & Fides ... all RealTick clones

quotespeed & tenfore are the same as well ...

what´s the reason for all those different names ... different prices ?

#23     May 28, 2002
  4. @alain:

thx very much. i am in germany and will take a new quote
    service soon. i considered fides/realtick for longer now,
    their service is about EUR 300.

tenfore does not look too expensive too me.

regards,
    sascha

#24     May 28, 2002
  5. alain

alain

All different vendors with licences... result of a very bad overall company strategy. The people from fides don't even know that there is eSignal, TradeStation etc... They called me last week and their base fee is 450chf and the eurex is around 10€. They were surprised that there are different services... :(

#25     May 28, 2002
  6. alain

alain

depends what markets you are looking forward for trading and what kind charting you will use. There is also Tai-Pan and WinBis.. both have a unspectacular charting software but Tai-Pan is very cheap in some markets.

I have tried all services that are available for european data... depends on what you are looking for i can help you.

#26     May 28, 2002
  7. patrick

patrick

For Dax-Quotes and Eurex. As you seem to have experience with a lot of quote vendors, i would like to hear your opinion. I am for example only interested in german stock quotes, especially Dax-30 and Eurex (Dax-and Eurostoxx50-Future) and would like to know what would you recommend regarding price/stability? I only have experience with ird.com and esignal. Don't like ird.com at all and hate esignal price policy with all the extra level II-fees and regional fees.

Thanks.

Patrick

#27     May 28, 2002
  8. alain

alain

depends on what kind of charting you want...

#28     May 28, 2002
  9. patrick

patrick

Alain,

i want intraday-realtime charts, where i can chart 2 days, 3 days and 5 days with a 1,2, and 5 minutes intervall. And i want Daily-charts till 200 days visible. Regarding Indicators i don't need much, only MA and RSI.

Regards,

Patrick

#29     May 28, 2002
  10. alain

alain

patrick, if you are looking for low cost real-time with those charting abilities take a look at www.stoploss.de that's tai-pan. I personally don't use them but they are the cheapest on the german market. Followed by Tenfore and WinBis. Currently I'm using Tenfore but not winbis. Their software is very simple... not many features but what you need is there. Out of my experience TaiPan and WinBis are both ok... Back in 1999 when I used those services they had some reliability problems but they should be ok today I think.
    Generally Tai-Pan is the cheapest when you only want one or two markets. When you want more markets then Tenfore over the internet is the cheapest. When you want the best quality of data and with the best reliablity then you are best with Tenfore via satellite. I would suggest to you that you take a trial from tenfore and a trial from Tai-Pan.

hope that helps...

#30     May 28, 2002