ESignal/AMD 64 Issues?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by pdwst33, Oct 5, 2007.

1. pdwst33

pdwst33

I'm a new customer of ESignal and recently installed version 10.0. I haven't used the software yet during market hours, I've only used it in the evening. However, I've had serious recurring problems with the product crashing when I attempt to toggle from one page to another that I have created. In fact, I've noticed that the program will crash seemingly randomly even when I'm not trying to toggle through pages. I have a rather late model PC with an AMD Athlon 64 3800+. My screens will freeze and turn blue and black and I see the words "beginning physical memory dump" (kind of like a DOS screen) and then the pc reboots. This has occurred numerous times, and again seems to be happening when I try to toggle between pages. Sometimes it happens within minutes of the last crash, and sometimes it will be more than an hour, but again this is after hours....I cringe to think of what will happen during market hours. Are there any workarounds for this? I've heard of compatibility issues with ESignal and AMD 64 chips. Thanks

2. Don't waste your time with version 10; it doesn't appear to be production ready. Roll back to version 8 and see if that works.

3. You have an old & slow chip. I have 3 computers with the Athlon 64 X2 6000+ & haven't had any problems with eSignal, Tradestation, or any other trading program on XPpro. Runs cool & cpu max. usage in the teens. Agree...use v8.

4. pdwst33

pdwst33

Thanks, I'm not against buying another chip if that's what it takes. I just don't want to commit $ to this if it won't work with any AMD chip, but I'll try your suggestion, thanks.