Esignal alternative with excel data

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sucat, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Sucat

Sucat

I've used esignal for over a decade but was looking for a cheaper alternative. Currently I look at 5 min candlestick charts, a candlestick daily, time and sales, and I use their DDE link in version 10.6 to link to excel for research reasons. I trade equities on the NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX, Pink sheets, and Toronto exchange.

Its around $200/mo which isn't horrible but if there is another option I would love to hear about it. Thanks for any help.

2. IQfeed is cheaper.

3. just21

just21

Www.money.net is $150 reuters eikon/metastock xenith is $150.
    The new version 12 of esignal is very smooth. Why have you not upgraded? Do you need real-time? Esignal classic is delayed for $55.

4. just21

just21

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  5. Sucat

Sucat

My broker is Interactive Brokers. Is the data feed reliable going into excel, real time, with good looking charts?

I have not upgraded to version 12 only because I have used 10.6 for over a decade and it works for me. I trade based on candle charts, 5min, and 10.6 does it fine. But I have an extra computer so I'll download version 12 and see how it looks after hours. Thanks!

6. just21

just21

Interactive Brokers TWS mosaic will do the charting and has an API link to excel for real time data into Excel. No cost. It is the same data that you trade off.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  7. Sucat

Sucat

just21, I actually use esignal data for my TWS. But if esignal ever goes down I will remember that Interactive Brokers can take over for the excel even if I need to add the more expensive market data. So thanks for the heads up on that.

As for the charts, I'm put the charts up side by side but it seems like Interactive Brokers missed some volume. I have the SMART delayed feed but there are some weird inconsistencies. And since I do tens of thousands of shares a day I really need that real time data feed with 100% accuracy, deep book, and the charts to be extremely quick. Do you know if there is a way to eliminate the delay in having to select what product (type in "GE", get list of stock, bonds, options) in comparison to esignal that simply pulls up GE's chart.

8. just21

just21

Are you sending orders from esignal to IB using the broker addon?

9. Sucat

Sucat

The orders come from an excel sheet that IB provided. I pull up quote data in excel with esignal data (an old DDE link, =WINROS|LAST!GE for example . I use quote data from esignal in TWS too.

10. just21

just21

You may be stuck with esignal then as I don't know of anything else that works with IB like that. Try version 12 of esignal it is very smooth on a reasonably modern PC. Report back.

#10     Sep 5, 2017