Esignal ain't what it's cracked up to be

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bundlemaker, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Chuck..

For starters... Why does your development tream continue to work on little cute features instead of really focusing on the major issues...

Playback editor & quoteboard are not major issues that should be addressed before upgrading the entire quote page and enhancing chart scaling. EFS inside the quote page is huge.

Just looking for more core upgrades instead of things the professional traders dont really need.

--MIKE

#51     Jun 9, 2003
  2. Chuck,

Are you serious. After reading all this you still can't figure out what to do?

Then try this:

1) reinstate 800

2) drop the chat until these people are properly trained (in esignal intracacies and professional courtesey)

3) change internal attitudes that the customers are the stupid ones and start realizing who is paying the support staff. You are not, we are.

4) get enough support staff to make sure there is little if any waiting

5) make it a priority to work with a customer immediately that has an operational issue during market hours(ie. not a question about programming, or a feature or new user)

6) figure out the most efficient way to be the best (not just claim it) and then have the balls to raise the price if necessary to accomplish that goal

7) btw- more times than not, doing what I suggest will actually lower your costs because of increased efficiencies.

How do I know this? I've spent over 2 decades in business develop and have seen it happen time and again. I hate to be cliche ridden, but get out of the box.

#52     Jun 9, 2003
  3. Hi George,

Please private message me the bug you have identified in the current beta. I'll make sure it's on the bug list and respond back to you with an update. As you know, we are still early on in the 7.4 beta cycle.

Also, I'm on the distribution list for Ideas, so if you could let me know what name your emails came in under, I'll look into why no response.

Thanks,

#53     Jun 9, 2003
  4. Hi Chuck,

Can I take you up on your offer of assistance?

I have had an eSignal billing problem that I have been trying to resolve with your customer service staff by telephone since May 14th.

In brief, I was charged for a free news trial, and I am trying to receive a refund for those charges.

I have spoken with a few members of your support staff about this, but it continues to remain unresolved. In particular, I've spoken with two reps who have told me that they'll look into the issue and call me back, but neither of them have called me back, nor returned the voice mail messages I have left with them.

Can you help me with this?

I can send you a private message or an e-mail with more details.

Thanks.

-- ITZ

#54     Jun 9, 2003
  5. And the plot thickens.....

#55     Jun 9, 2003
  6. Hi,

Please private message me your account number and I'll take care of the situation.

Regards,

#56     Jun 9, 2003
  7. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

GeorgeSoros & Trendfader,

Thanks for your feedback. George we thank you for your messages to ideas.

Each release we have to make choices. We had a large client that requested the Quoteboard. That feature never appeared critical to many users, but to them it was key.

The most requested feature currently is drawing tools on tick charts so we are working on completing that for users now in 7.4.

Chuck

#57     Jun 9, 2003
  8. Chuck..

Thanks for your honesty... looking forward to more upgrades

#58     Jun 9, 2003
  9. I had a question one day so I tried the on line tech support.
    When I could not resolve it on line I asked what the number was for tech support. The on line rep gave me a non 800 number.
    I said I was not going to pay long distance and he offered to call me instead.
    I always had good luck with Esignal , and their data feed is very reliable. I liked the software and the charts offered more then enough for me.
    I have MB Trading as a backup broker. You get free level 2 with at least $ 25,000 in equity in your account. So when Quotetracker had an MB data feed available I saw no reason to pay $ 110 a month for software when I could get something almost as good for $ 80 a year. I can open as many level 2 windows as I want and the Quote Tracker charts are fine.
    My other reason for leaving was I am no longer an active Day Trader , so $ 110 a month was money out the window.
    The backfills and lack of history in Quote Tracker are not ideal , but you cant beat this software for the price .
    Would I recommend E-Sig to someone , absolutely.

#59     Jun 9, 2003
  10. Chuck,

eSignal would become my primary charting program if it had the following functionality:

1. Ability to download intraday historical data to a format readable by other programs, such as Excel. This is a feature that is availabe in Qcharts via their Qlink program.

2. Improved Fibonacci retracement, extension, and projection tool. Qchart's implementatoin of this feature is much cleaner and easier to use than that of eSignal 7.x, in my opinion.

Because of these two limitations, I only use eSignal 7.x as a backup data feed and charting program. If these two features were implemented, I would use the program much more, and I'm sure I'd have more feedback to provide you.

In regards to your customer support: it'd be great if your customer service reps can follow through on their promises to call back, and also return voice mail messages.

As I had mentioned previously, I have had two of your customer service reps promise to call me back. Neither has followed through on their promise, and neither have returned my voice mail messages requesting an update.

However, since my earlier post outlining my billing problem, I was contacted by two of your staff via EliteTrader. I've e-mailed one of them with the details of my billing problem and I am hoping that my billing problem will be resolved quickly.

Thanks for listening.

-- ITZ

#60     Jun 10, 2003