Esignal ain't what it's cracked up to be

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bundlemaker, Jun 9, 2003.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

vap in qchart

#31     Jun 9, 2003
  2. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

esignal's the best in the business, have been using it for 4+ years and it's great, imho. I have a p4 running 6 monitors on a commercial roadrunner cable system ..

ken

#32     Jun 9, 2003
  3. I've only been using e-signal for a month, but seems pretty good to me. No problems at all today.

#33     Jun 9, 2003
  4. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Hi all,

Just saw this interesting thread. Not sure where to begin but lets start here.

eSignal is more than just software but a datafeed that supplies market data to many software vendors. While we have made many upgrades to our software we actively support IRT, Ensign, Omnitrader, Wizetrade, Metastock and even TS2000i. We are quite happy to support all these vendors, probably more than any other feed:

http://www.esignal.com/partners/software/default.asp

eSignal is owned by a very large market data company Interactive Data (NYSE:IDC), more here if you are interested:

http://www.interactivedatacorp.com/

Our company recently purchased Comstock, so you will see eSignal make many improvements in its international data feed in the next few months as a result of this. Yes, we have had some problems with the current source in London. That is being totally replaced.

This will give us the ability to go global. Adding Asia / Pacific exchanges in July and later Latin American exchanges. We continue to invest heavily in our technology - having just spent over $500K on server farm upgrades in the last 6 months.

We are constantly upgrading the software with new features and support more data types. We have acquired programmers from the Advanced GET, Ravenquote, Intuit's QQL plus our team all working on the latest versions.

We are working hard to create the very best tools and continue to provide multiple upgrades each year to our eSignal product.

Chuck Thompson
    @eSignal

#34     Jun 9, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

I think this kind of response is typical for e-signal customer service

#35     Jun 9, 2003
  6. Chuck,

with all do respect, you're either ignoring the problem, pretending it doesn't exist or are really stupid (and I don't believe that last is the case).

None of this discussion is about data integrity, or new features. It's about the software plain not working, and no one who can fix it. Certainly not in a timely manner.

Your chat people are a joke. They plain don't know anything and are insulting. No 800#. I can call long distance and sit on hold. If I talk to your sales staff, they really just don't care. I tried esignal over a year ago and left.

It hasn't changed. Frequent new "upgrades and improvements" do not make up for non existant support.

People think IB is bad. Esignal is infinitely worse when it comes to support.

It's a shame too, because I really like the product, but what good does it do if timely service is not to be found?

#36     Jun 9, 2003
  7. Chuck -

You didn't hit on one point we're complaining about; just a canned "we strive to be the best" response. Your post is a perfect example of why we're disgruntled.

Thank you for 17 months of service but it's time to move on.

#37     Jun 9, 2003
  8. Do any of these alternatives have sub minute bar charts or tick bars with user defined tick bar sizes?

Not that I can tell. These alternatives are dogs with fleas.

(And if your charting app runs off of IB, at least make it a Java program with a nice swing interface. Is there a law that says trading apps have to be windows only? There is if you are resting on a codebase written 5 to 7 years ago!)

#38     Jun 9, 2003
  9. Ditch

Ditch

Ensign has, i have no complaints about e-signal's datafeed. this package works fine.

#39     Jun 9, 2003
  10. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Bundlemaker & Ditch & Tech,

Sometimes it is very hard to resolve questions or problems over chat. I think the very best source is the new eSignal forums at eSignalcentral. There you get the benefit of thousands of other users and traders - many of them former users of other products - along with our staff.

It is also a place to communicate with Product Managers and programmers who can research any problem deeper. If you look there you'll see what a great tool it is to help service customers better.

We are trying to use all the tools of the Internet to communicate with our users. Since both of you are frequenct users here on Elite - its easy since it uses the same BB technology.

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/

Chuck

#40     Jun 9, 2003