Esignal ain't what it's cracked up to be

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bundlemaker, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Ditch

Ditch

They never got that. for new customers they always have special offers, so their existing customers end up paying more...

#21     Jun 9, 2003
  2. I use eSignal. The software is cumbersome and looks like it's been designed for 7-year-olds. But the datafeed still seems to be the most reliable. I've never had a cut-off with eSignal.

Please suggest some good alternatives...

#22     Jun 9, 2003
  3. box

box

Have had good luck with eSignal, though some data problems and software issues (minor) have come up. I didn't know that took away the 800 number (wow). Was tired of Qchart data problems and switched to eSignal over a year ago. Wonder how Qchart is doing these days

#23     Jun 9, 2003
  4. Ditch

Ditch

Scientist,

i was referiing to theit pricing policy. i use e-signal, together with ensign. Ensign is a top-notch charting package, together with e-signal us datafeed it works flawless. E-signal 's european data have been crap since i started trading biginning lastb year. for eurex i suggest Ib's feed, because Eurex has a pollicy to favor exchange members, therefore third party quotes always lag a bit.

#24     Jun 9, 2003
  5. I use IB as broker/execution, but still eSignal & OmniTrader (yes, I've got one of those...) for charting.
    So far, it seems to work pretty well for me, despite the ugly design of eSignal it's not bad to have those new pop-out windows etc.

I've heard ensign is pretty good, but then people also argue that RealTick or QuoteTracker or TradeStation are the best -
    So yeah - It's not easy and no point to do the jump unless I can see some serious benefits.

Maybe we should do a poll on this...
    Thanks for your help. :)

-Scientist

#25     Jun 9, 2003
  6. Ditch,

QuoteTracker does not have its own datafeed. It uses various datafeeds including IB, IQFeed, myTrack, etc... One thing that gives you is the ability to switch datafeeds if you have a problem without having to go to a completely different program.

#26     Jun 9, 2003
  7. TGregg

TGregg

Just freaken great. Less competition in one of our major supply industries :(

#27     Jun 9, 2003
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

not!

#28     Jun 9, 2003
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes

#29     Jun 9, 2003
  10. Ditch

Ditch

volume histogram in ensign