Esignal ain't what it's cracked up to be

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bundlemaker, Jun 9, 2003.

1. They increased their monthly rate by 5 bucks, dropped their toll-free service line, the wait times are long and the live reps are only more knowledgable than a K-Mart cashier.

I left and went to QuoteTracker (I'm a futures trader), for a savings of 116 a month. That's some serious coin.

Jerry Medved responds to his clients and if the software has a glitch he gets a fix out quickly and doesn't blame the client's computer, or pretend the problem doesn't exist.

#11     Jun 9, 2003
  2. Gotta concur,

Customer service is as important as new features.

I am sure that many of the questions they got on the toll free line were lame, and should have been researched before calling.

However....,

When we have a real problem, we need real help. And my experience (limited) with the live rep has been ... bad. (The word "oaf" comes to mind.)

:(

At least e-signal, get enough support so we have SHORT waits on the toll call.

My .02 worth

#12     Jun 9, 2003
  3. Ditch

Ditch

Tech,

Has QT it's own datafeed? if so, is it on par with IB? thx.

#13     Jun 9, 2003
  4. Ditch -

No it doesn't. It uses IB's.

#14     Jun 9, 2003
  5. alain

alain

Somehow my thoughts go into the same direction. We currently have half a dozen eSignal subscribtions and they are not able to bill it all at once... since Version 7.2. there are no printed user manuals and the support in europe is terrible. The lady that handles my supporting issues doesn't even speak english well.

Besides that there is at least once a week a major problem with Eurex data feed... I give them the last chance until the end of July. (with the new Eurex data) and then we will move all our subscriptions.

#15     Jun 9, 2003
  6. H2O

H2O

Anybody has a GOOD alternative ?

#16     Jun 9, 2003
  7. For awhile late last year I had both ESignal and QCharts...I was using ESignal solely as data for another software platform..As a standalone product, I really disliked ESignal...The charting features, the layout, etc was really bland...It reminded me of a product I might have found 5-6 years ago...The only feature that I did like was the Volume at Price study, which I know some people have thru upgraded versions of QCharts...

#17     Jun 9, 2003
  8. maxpi

maxpi

If you are researching data vendors break them up in two categories, first tier (get their data straight from the exchanges) and second tier (get their data from a first tier provider). The first tier ones have less problems because there is "less moving parts". My strats don't depend on quick fills or really perfect data either. I'm still with quote.com though they are second tier because of the unlimited symbols with the cheapest sub. Bad ticks come through, I have to deal with those myself, not that big of a deal. When their feed isn't working I just take the day off.

Max

#18     Jun 9, 2003
  9. Funny how when a group of intelligent folk say the truth, Chuck and Jay (I think that's their names) don't show up. I talked to one of them on the phone, told me how they're working hard to get new customers.

HOW ABOUT TAKING CARE OF THE CUSTOMERS YOU ALREADY HAVE. DON'T YOU GUYS GET IT?

#19     Jun 9, 2003
  10. One more thing - QT updates are a snap. In 30 seconds you download them, restart QT and you're up.

Esignal updates require removal of the previous version, installation of the new program files and a reboot of the computer. Then you have to click off the preferences as you previously had them. Not a major issue by itself, but add it to the rest of the gripes . . . .

#20     Jun 9, 2003