Esignal ain't what it's cracked up to be

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bundlemaker, Jun 9, 2003.

1. After using Qcharts for 2 years and hearing all the bad raps, I've got to say, esignal is horrible.

At least at Qcharts when you had a problem you could talk to somebody with out paying long distance or holding forever.

The chat people at esig are plain ignorant. They pretend like you don't know what your doing.

And, I never had this many glitches with software. Sometimes it's not very pretty. One thing after another.

Not a happy camper!

2. Eldredge

Eldredge

I haven't been all that impressed with eSignal either. I switched to them when QQL went out of business. I just have their basic real time package, and I have had some issues with their overlay charts that have never been resolved. Now they are upping my monthly fee.

I mostly use it for DDE link to my worksheets. I would be interested in any suggestions about a "better" vendor mainly for a solid, timely DDE link. I may just drop it and use IB's link exclusively - but it is nice to have a back up.

3. Chuck and Jay,

esign just lost a customer. I even tried calling in and was essentially blown off.

What good is good data if you can't get it. Today had 3 probs: continuous futures contract not updating, weird time template problems, and a chat support rep that did everything in her power to disenfranchise me.

4. You can tell I'm not having the best of days. Out of desparation, I tried calling long distance (no 800 # like qcharts and most others) and the "nice" recording said at least a 15 minute hold time.

Esignal, your just flat out sad.

5. bundlemaker,

I haven't used FutureSource for a few years, but I used to use their sat service and I will say their customer service was second to none. Unlike some of the marketing-driven companies, think TradeStation, they are trader-driven and it shows.

6. have been considering dumping Tradestation in favor of E-Signal. I still may give it a trial.

7. Ditch

Ditch

e-signal customer service is non-existent. e-signal together with ensign is the way to go

8. Magna

Magna Administrator

eSignal always had an 800-number which they dropped about a month ago. That in itself sucks. But to add insult to injury, the wait times are just as long or longer!!! Obviously, to go along with their switchover from 800# (to the customer paying a long-distance charge) they must have also reduced the size of their tech-support staff. I'm not happy either. :mad:

9. uh-oh....
    They increased my monthly rate... I was thinking of getting a yearly pre-paid plan to save some $$, but after reading the posts ... I think I'll stick with the monthly payment plan for now.... :( don't want to be stuck for the whole year when the dodos hit the fan ! :p
    However, to Esignal's credit, I did have some small problems about 5 months ago, email in, and got email replied as well as follow up phone call from rep the next day.

Cheers!!:)

10. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

My opinion: These changes signal a company in trouble. They appear to be cutting costs in a desperate way.

Good companies dont operate this way and esignal is hardly the cheapest data solution.

Once any of our vendors start to act this way we give them several demerits in our vendor ranking system, essentially marking them as an unstable company.

If these remarks are true then I would look for a more stable data provider .....

#10     Jun 9, 2003