Esignal Adds Administrative Fee On TOP of New Exchange Fees

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EdgeHunter, Dec 6, 2005.

1. So if E-signal is sticking it's hand too deep in our wallets, can anybody suggest an equal service for less money ?

I wouldn't mind going another way.

Thanks.

#31     Dec 6, 2005
  2. mokwit

mokwit

They DESERVE to lose customers. They lost me. I refused to be ripped off for such bad data and service. What REALLY ANNOYED me was how Chuck whatsisface would be posting here in threads trying to sell some poster an Advanced Get sub for USD50 but was NEVER EVER EVER seen participating in the Esignal problem threads. So I agree with screw Esignal. Cancelling and switching to Sierra driven by IB dfata was a great move saving me ~USD3000+/year. Sierra itself is rock solid and while TWS reliability is not perfect it is better than esignal and on a cost basis there is no comparison..........

#32     Dec 6, 2005
  3. opm8

opm8

You guys kill me. You whine like little bitches b/c Esignal raises their price by $3. Oh my god.

If you didn't like their service before then you're a tool if this is your reason for leaving. Life's too short to worry about such crap. Spend the time working on your strategies.

--opm8

#33     Dec 7, 2005
  4. is not about the raise...it's more about thinking they are taking advantage of their position....iow, adding insult to injury...

If you run several accounts you are talking thousands of dollars...
    and if you can get the same data from other sources for less money it DOES make sense to discuss the subject...

#34     Dec 7, 2005
  5. mokwit

mokwit

Most businesses of any size would jump at dropping a USD3000PA cost if the same job could be done for USD144. I also got irritated with their nickel and dime/surcharge this, extra that strategy.

People who have run businesses successfully for years watch cost like hawks. They don't pay more than they have to (but also know better than to enter the false economy territory and pay up for what they have to).

#35     Dec 7, 2005
  6. You are wrong, the price went up 28% for me; not just 3$ a month. I suggest you read carefully the complete price calculator on their website before making comments. The subscriptions went up also by 10$ a month.

I must admit that at this price it's still the best buy for me. But if they raise again i will have other equivalent solutions and move.

#36     Dec 7, 2005
  7. Can anyone tell me if the admin fee applys to HKFE or Eurex exchange data.

I would have to laugh if they've added it to HKFE. THe datafeed only costs about $5 a month. THe admin fee will be almost as much as the exchange fee.

Runningbear

#37     Dec 7, 2005
  8. One strange thing is that IB is not charging exchange fees for HKFE, Singapore, ICE, whereas realtime data providers do.

#38     Dec 7, 2005
  9. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

if you just need charts, try www.prorealtime.com it also has some strategy building abilities

they dont do all the search engine stuff that stock traders use, but its a good feed.

#39     Dec 7, 2005
  10. It all depends on the markets you need to follow. I am wondering since many months why anyone pays for real time data and historical data if brokers like Fidelity gives it away for free (stock and options only) including good software.

#40     Dec 7, 2005