Esignal Adds Administrative Fee On TOP of New Exchange Fees

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EdgeHunter, Dec 6, 2005.

1. <flamesuit on="true">
    ESignal is a business that needs to make money to pay bills, employees, etc. and bills and employee salaries don't generally get cheaper each year, they get more expensive. If you think they charge too much, go elsewhere. Nobody is making you pay eSignal anything.
    </flamesuit>

#21     Dec 6, 2005
  2. Then they should just increase the price of the packages rather than tacking on bogus fees. I don't bill the companies I work for at a given hourly rate and then add on $5/hr to cover the administrative costs for doing my contract paperwork. eSignal should just charge what it needs to charge up front, not create bogus add-on fees to cover its costs of doing business. Reminds me of some of the fees you find on your telephone bill these days.

BTW, according to an email I got in Oct, they did raise their packages rates: "Effective December 1, 2005, the eSignal Basic subscription rate will be increased by $10 per month, from $75 to $85 per month. (The annual rate will also be increasing to $708 per year.)"

#22     Dec 6, 2005
  3. Unless you are eSignal's CFO, I don't think you can comment on the bogocity of their fees. And again, those that don't like it can leave.

So you have a difference of opinion as to how to bill your customers. That's fine. But you do charge your customers money and so does eSignal. Who cares what the "term" is for any given charge if you get what you are asking for and agree to the total price. If you don't agree to the price, find some place that charges what you want and gives you what you want.

#23     Dec 6, 2005
  4. Thank for you telling me what you think I can and can't comment on. I hope you will understand if I don't take your advice.

Sorry if discussing eSignals bogus fees has bothered your sensibilities, if this thread is so disturbing to you why don't you just not read it instead of insisting others behave as you would like?

#24     Dec 6, 2005
  5. :D :D :D

#25     Dec 6, 2005
  6. I think you may be forgetting that these 28 new customers will also be collectively paying annual subscription fees of about $28,000 in addition to the new surcharge, according to your assumption of an average subscription rate of $1,000 per year . Therefore, revenues will hardly be the same if 28 new customers are added.

It all depends on the elasticity of demand. Satisfied customers are not likely to leave whereas those on the edge may decide to call it a day and look elsewhere. eSignal made its decision. Now, everyone else gets to make their own.

#26     Dec 6, 2005
  7. No, i never spoke about NEW customers, i was talking about existing customers who stay and pay additional 3$ a month. So all they will get is 28 times 3$ a month. What i wanted to say is that on each 29 customers 1 leaves, the result will be a negative cashflow.

Just to make the story complete: my new annual subscription will be 28% more expensive then the previous one.

#27     Dec 6, 2005
  8. It seems I misunderstood what you meant. My apologies.

#28     Dec 6, 2005
  9. No problem.
    :)

#29     Dec 6, 2005
  10. annual subscription charge went from $49 to $59 for eSignal Basic per month

Also they charge $12 for TotalView, while Tradestation charge
    $5 only. If Tradestation offer international markets and more reliable datafeed, no one will stay with eSignal

#30     Dec 6, 2005