Esignal Adds Administrative Fee On TOP of New Exchange Fees

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EdgeHunter, Dec 6, 2005.

1. They have to pay WOODIE for pumpin' the Quotrek on CNBC commercials every 5 mins imo

#11     Dec 6, 2005
  2. just21

just21

Anybody using www.prorealtime.com ? It is quite inexpensive and rums on mac and pc. The other alternative is to use the IB datafeed and www.ensignsoftware.com so as not to pay the exchange fee if you trade enough.

#12     Dec 6, 2005
  3. Aspen is a great platform.

#13     Dec 6, 2005
  4. According to the eSignal email:
    Total BS. Time for me to make the "difficult decision" to find a new data vendor.

#14     Dec 6, 2005
  5. Comstock levels getting hit soon...thats the ticket...ahh what the heck spring for a Bloomy terminal too.

I use none of the above, bet hear shining reviews other than they're pricey...

Perhaps one does not get what they pay for over at E-sig...

As long as your paying taxes, might as well get Comstock and Bloomy or forward part of your profits to your partner...the IRS!

#15     Dec 6, 2005
  6. Most likely esignal charging administrative fee because they are losing more and more customers. As they lose more customers, they need to charge more to make up for it.

#16     Dec 6, 2005
  7. For each customer that would leave Esignal, due to the administrative fee of 3$ a month, Esignal will need 28 customer to pay the 3$ a month to make up for the loss (assuming 1 customer pays on average 1000$ a year). But at that point the revenues of Esignal stay at the level they are now, which means that the administrative fee brings no additional money. Only less customers that have to pay more $$$$.

What is their extra cost? Isn't everything fully automated? The computer automatically deducts the correct amounts each month from each account and can make the necessary payments.

Trying to make more money can result in making less.

If my estimations are correct it would mean that a loss of more than 3% of their customers would result in a negative cashflow.

#17     Dec 6, 2005
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

spike - i believe the admin cost is a bit more than $3. its significantly more last time i looked. i would go to their website again to look - but i dont want to get any of their spyware that always lands on my pc after i go to their site.

whether the admin fee is $3 or $50, the point is irrelevant. money is money, and no other provider charges this - not even the ones who do stocks and futures like esignal.

i think winter also proves this point very well.

maybe e-signal should change their name to f-signal. no prizes for guessing what the f stands for.

#18     Dec 6, 2005
  9. Email received from Esignal today:
    Effective January 1, 2006, some exchanges are changing their fees, and eSignal is instituting a $3.00USD administrative fee on some futures exchanges.

But they also raised the prices of some subscriptions.

#19     Dec 6, 2005
  10. Esignal nickles and dimes you to death.

I left a long time ago and the data is better at IB than Esignal. I always had DAx problems.

I still don't know why anyone puts up with it.

#20     Dec 6, 2005