eSignal 8.0 Has Been Released!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JayF_eSignal, May 17, 2006.

1. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

eSignal 8.0 has gone gold, and with it comes some great new features like...

Single Forex Contributor Symbols - Along with the robust content provided within our GTIS Forex feed, users will also be able to separate out a single contributor (Gain, FXCM, etc) and compare that data against the market composite data from GTIS.

[​IMG]

New Composite Symbols for US Futures – For issues that had separate electronic and pit trading symbols, we’ve now created new composite symbols for each.

[​IMG]

... just to name a few! There's a lot more available in this new version, so check out this thread for a detailed description of everything that's in eSignal 8.0.

2. tomcole

tomcole

do I need to uninstall 7.9.1 and install 8, or can I simply install 8 over 7.9.1?

Will my current settings, charts etc be saved?

3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi Tomcole,

Our installer is designed to upgrade your existing eSignal version and keep all of your existing charts, quote windows, layouts, etc.

Thanks.

4. Jay,

Is esignal 8 certified compatible with Athlon 64 chips?

There were a some comflict issues raised several months back, have these been resolved in this release?

Runningbear

5. Woohoo, lets go dancing in the streets...

Oh wait, my SIMPLE bug when i detatch a screen from the main program still remains.

Hmmm, I guess 5 to 10 minutes to change a single line of code is too much effort for eSignal, how depressing.

People, seriously, switch to better alternatives. DTN with Quotetracker, IB, Tradestation, Neoticker with DTN feed is looking more and more great every minute.

There are better alternatives, you don't have to put up with eSignal treating all of us like idiots.

6. Hey kid, Leave esignal if you don't like it, there is no reason to make an attack on every single thread.

Still eSignal a brandName and Not any historical & intraday data feed vendor capable of bringing so many worldwide exchanges under your reach for similar price

This is an announcement, announcements deserve some respect

7. tomcole

tomcole

I gotta agree that when a product announcement surfaces, let the vendor answer questions from legit customers on how to implement the new version.

As much fun as it is to take cheap shots at esignal, if you must do that, start your own thread and let those who use the product and would like a meaningful dialogue with esignal to occur, have it.

8. pbb

pbb

Hi Jay,

I had some issues with forexdata this morning, it seems that some data has slightly changed. I never experienced this before, can it be possible that those changes are caused by the new features and a possible data reset by esignal. If so, then I know how it has happened and can comfortably move on. It's no problem that things changed but it will be when it's caused by an unknown problem that might change data regularly.

Gr. Pieter

9. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

We have not yet tracked down the cause of the errors on the AMD Athlon 3200/3400, however we have tested this on a number of 64-bit machines. We have verified that AMD's Opterons work fine as well as all Intel 64-bit chips. We do have the EDL (eSignal Development List) ticket still open on the matter.

10. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

pbb,

Could you send me a Private Message with the details of the issues?

Thanks,
    Jay

#10     May 19, 2006