eSignal 8.0 - better charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Rosenkavalier, Nov 5, 2003.

1. I tested eSignal for a month recently. What I don't like is the look of the charts. Are they considering improving the quality of the charts in a new version?
    What other highly rated chart software is available? What's about CQG?
    Thanks for any reply.
    Rosenkavalier

2. Just curious, what specifically don't you like about how the charts look? Most parameters are adjustable.

3. They look fine to me. Better than most platforms.

-Fast

4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

I was curious if you had a chance to see both our Advanced and Standard charting modules? With eSignal Basic, you only get access to our older Standard Charting and yes, there's quite a bit of room for improvement in the flexibility of those charts. Our Advanced Charting is highly flexible and pretty robust. If you can PM or email me your email address or customer ID, I can see what service you had and let you know via a PM.

Thanks.

5. simstim

simstim

if i understand the poster correctly, i also don't like the "look" of esignal charts, esp. compared to qcharts. the qcharts charts look much cleaner, maybe something to do with anti-aliasing or something like that? you can tell esp. with candlestick shadows.

i only use esignal for data though for ensign, so this doesn't bother me.

6. simstim, is it possible these differences are related to the pc in question. I have run esignal and qcharts on my current box, and my eye sight is 20/20 corrected, and I can't tell anydiff at all. I admit that esignals new beta titles are horrendous, but other than that no prob.

7. Tea

Tea

You can set the candles to have a thin wick like Qcharts by right clicking on the chart, clicking edit studies and selecting the "thin wick" box.

8. TraderRC

TraderRC

Are you using the advanced charts? The only thing that they don't offer is chart overlays which still don't work correctly on 7.5 beta version--I'm sure it will be fixed by the time they launch it. Overall I'm happy with the charts