eSignal 8.0, 8.1 & QCharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Mar 14, 2006.

1. cmaxb

cmaxb

Yes, this is one of those "little things" that needs to be fixed, but I guess the two hours it would take to fix it doesn't fit into the vision.

#51     Mar 18, 2006
  2. >Bernd Kuerbs

I envy your ability to write solutions to such problems
    and to create custom-made charts. But I prefer to subscribe
    to charts that already have the basic functions. I simply can't
    understand how eSignal has gone to such great lengths over
    the years to make 'better than most' charts while not
    taking care to fix this most basic problem.

>cmaxb

>Yes, this is one of those "little things" that needs to be fixed, >but I guess the two hours it would take to fix it doesn't fit into >the vision.

I'll bet they could do it in 1 hour!!

#52     Mar 21, 2006

3. It's nearing middle of April, where is eSignal 8 at?

Or are we going to have an excuse for this one, or better yet... a delay.

Always love to bash on eSignal more and explain why eSignal deserves no new users. So what's the story this time. We getting a delay on eSignal 8, or are things changing?

What's the news?

#53     Apr 13, 2006
  4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Should be ready for release by the end of next week.

Thanks.

#54     Apr 13, 2006
  5. We won't hold our breath.

Runningbear

#55     Apr 13, 2006
  6. Acutally, if you could delay it and make it multi - threaded as in Enterprise Level software

Like NeoTicker - a small programming shop that produced a multi-threaded software charting package that works with your data!!! - my my - your army of programmers can't do it but their small shop can... ????

cj...

:eek:

Where did all the craftsman go... people who care about their product who <u>build in</u> invisible quality into their software and feel good about it when they go to sleep at nite...

sheesh...

:confused:

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#56     Apr 13, 2006
  7. I actually tried the demo of Neoticker with the eSignal data, it worked great. I like Neoticker better than eSignal.

It is a shame how a small group of programers can put a big one like eSignal to shame and just make me want to laugh at them really.

Owell, in the future eSignal will get what is coming to them. Especially with new charting package like ProphetX coming out and still testing, I'm liking it better than eSignal already, still have to work on the scripting side, but eSignal is going to be tested soon.

#57     Apr 13, 2006
  8. #58     Apr 14, 2006
  9. I love open source programs.

Unfortunately.... Genesis Securities does not work with Linux, nor does Alaron Trading.

I'ts a shame too, because if brokers today did support Linux, I'd hop ship immediately.

I like the Eclipse project though, hope it does well.

EDIT: Downloaded it for Windows.... doesn't connect to the eSignal data-feed?

#59     Apr 14, 2006
  10. Eclipse and Humai are Java - they run on Linux, Windows, anything that runs Java. I have windows and have used both.

They could get data from eSignal...

#60     Apr 14, 2006