eSignal 8.0, 8.1 & QCharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Mar 14, 2006.

1. I am not a current user of eSignal but I have used it in the past. I found the time & sales data was missing prints and would lag during a fast market when running side by side with Instaquote. I am now in the position that I have to use either eSignal or DNT IQ as I want to use a new software package that needs the Tick Data from either of these products. Can I get an honest current view of the pros and cons of both these data providers? I have delayed my starting date with the new software package due to the recent problems with eSignal.

Thank you

#31     Mar 15, 2006
  2. No no... let me answer this one.

eSignal Reps:
    "We will look into it"

Actually saying:
    "Maybe one year we will actually fix it, but who cares!!! We are making money like the sky is no limit and screw those punks that want stuff fixed."

It was that simple... the thing that makes this funny, is that it is true :)

#32     Mar 15, 2006
  3. And if you can't look at the past few threads on this forum and tell, you deserve to be screwed by eSignal.

#33     Mar 15, 2006
  4. cmaxb

cmaxb

That's great Chuck, but how about having one or two guys to work on the "little things". Somehow other companies are able to move the "vision" forward while having some resources to respond to annoying people like us.

#34     Mar 15, 2006
  5. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Chuck's comment, "We have been re-engineering to multi-threaded 64 bit systems with dual dual core processors as we deploy hundreds of new servers on to our server farms," is referring to re-engineering of the server-side software, not the client-side application that your question from last week was referring to.

#35     Mar 15, 2006
  6. thank you for clarifying - i was not sure what he was talking about...

you guys REALLY need to multi thread the main charting package...

when you watch T&Sales and have a number of chars open etc... your CPU is toast and i have an AMD 64 3500 with 1GB of DDR ram... which beats a P4 3.6 by a tad...

i am soon to be moving to Dual Core AMD's but maybe it will top THAT out too...

sigh... arrgh... frustration...

cj

#36     Mar 15, 2006
  7. I was screwed by QCharts...and Terra Lycos, those spanish bastards....no upgrades for over 24 months !
    No custom indicators, not even a DLL interface.

All of these "McDonalds" data providers are crap...don't rely on them if you are a pro trader.

#37     Mar 15, 2006
  8. Edge Hunter, your CPU usage is peaking because esignal in not compatable with the AMD 64 bit chips. Feel free to buy a new computer so you can continue to use their software though. Once again, no time line for when this problem will be rectified.

Regards,

Runningbear

#38     Mar 16, 2006
  9. B.S. If it wasn't compatible, it wouldn't run at all.
    Also, the lastest VC++ compiler has AMD optimization switches.
    If ESignal could afford to buy it, they could easily re-compile the source with AMD optimization on and offer a separate version for AMD and Intel platforms.
    But apparently this is too much trouble for them.

#39     Mar 16, 2006
  10. I am running a intel 3.4 pent 4 with 2 gb and my cpu maxes out almost every time i pull up a new chart. Chart delays are 40 seconds sometimes.

#40     Mar 16, 2006