eSignal 8.0, 8.1 & QCharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Mar 14, 2006.

1. dealer

dealer

Chuck,

Any comment on whether IBEX futures from the Madrid (MEFF) exchange will be available????

#21     Mar 15, 2006
  2. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

...to answer a few more questions ...

We often work on multiple releases in parallel thus 8.0 & 8.1. We are working on other tasks that aren't assigned a version yet.

The rebuilding whole thing refers to the Miami computer site - some equipment was put in service in 1997. Very little investment in hardware for QCharts. We should be able to move to a faster datafeed source as part of this process.

On having IBEX futures from the Madrid (MEFF), I have asked our data group about it and will let you know.

On the idea of working with other datafeeds, I like that idea and we will be releasing a new version of Advanced GET RT on Bloomberg soon.

Chuck
    @eSignal

#22     Mar 15, 2006
  3. http://www.mcbreen.ab.ca/SoftwareCraftsmanship/

Software Craftsmanship is a metaphor that can radically transform the way that we create and deliver software systems, with implications for the way we develop software, manage teams and deliver value to the users.

One of the classical problems in Software Engineering is getting engineers to consistently use effective methods, writes Watts Humphries in "Why Don’t They Practice What We Preach?". For smaller teams, Craftsmanship is a more appropriate metaphor than Engineering for getting developers work more effectively.

Craftsmanship has been a model that has been used throughout history to effectively develop and disseminate arts, crafts and technology. By taking a sideways step towards craftsmanship maybe we can eventually advance the state of the art so that we can truly talk about Software Engineering.

* When you look at software, do you get the feeling that it has been developed without adult supervision?

* Is software more critical to your business and yet becoming bloated and buggier?

* Are projects taking longer and delivering less than promised?

* Can you tell when a software project is going off track?

* Is licensing software professionals really going to make any difference?
    * The "software crisis" has existed for years and there is still a shortage of good software developers, because mechanical metaphors for software development don’t work.

* Software engineering has fixed many of the technical problems, now we need to focus on the social and cultural aspects of software development

* Software Craftsmanship allows developers to creatively blend Art, Science and Engineering to deliver great systems...

and...
    http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Craftsmanship.html

It would be nice if you really cared about quality Chuck...

#23     Mar 15, 2006
  4. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

A lot of the software that we are working on for the last year is on the server level.

We have been re-engineering to multi-threaded 64 bit systems with dual dual core processors as we deploy hundreds of new servers on to our server farms.

This is a multi-million dollar investment in our future to handle growing trade and quote volumes. This along with the investments Comstock, a part of our company, has made in international data which we use and our parent IDC has made in new computer sites will benefit all our users.

Chuck
    @eSignal

#24     Mar 15, 2006
  5. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Dealer,

"Any comment on whether IBEX futures from the Madrid (MEFF) exchange will be available????"

We have it but have been waiting for some time for exchange approval. Once we get approval, we'll release.

Chuck
    @eSignal

#25     Mar 15, 2006
  6. dealer

dealer

Thanks Chuck,

Re: IBEX futures.

Who's court is the ball in right now? If the ball is in MEFF's court then I will ask a friend (who's firm is a big liquidity provider to MEFF) to make some enquiries.

But if the ball is with esignal........

:confused:

#26     Mar 15, 2006
  7. In otherwords dealer, he is once again avoiding a simple YES or NO question.

The fact that he said he will release when they CAN... implies that it will probably come with eSignal 9 or 10, whenever they feel it necessary to put effort to get it.

Once again, treating ET members like we are idiots.

Love it... :p

#27     Mar 15, 2006
  8. ******************************

<i>i got this info from an esignal forum poster just this last week... so?</i>

JayF_eSignal
    eSignal

There aren't any active plans that I know of that will make eSignal a multi-thread application. At least not in this year.
    http://forum.esignalcentral.com

Got this from Jay at eSignal...

Color me <b>confused... ???</b>

#28     Mar 15, 2006
  9. Would that be a shock to paying eSignal users? They'd actually have to put in some EFFORT to accomplish that one.

We all know eSignal, this is typical. Which is why eSignal deserves no more new users to suffer from ET. I'll make sure of that at least.

I strongly suggest eSignal staff no longer post on ET.

The more they post, the more crappy their company seems. The more truth we find out.

It's pathetic eSignal. I hope you support guys go find new jobs, i'm serious. It's just pathetic, and one of those deals that piss me off because eSignal doesn't want to do any work or put in any effort, they just want to make $$$ with the least amount of effort possible. Which is why they are buying these other companies and hope they can get profits from them. Just hope they don't screw up those apps like they screw their current eSignal customers.

Funny how eSignal ingores all this stuff like we are not even here, I wonder why?

#29     Mar 15, 2006
  10. Chuck,

My concern is the intraday volume data issue not being accurate. I have been fighting this one for the last several months.

I have written so many custom indicators with esignal that it will be a pain to switch providers and redo all of my work but I am on the verge of making that decision because I am unable to trade reliably when the volume data is inaccurate.

Will esignal commit to this issue being resolved in the 8.0 releases?

#30     Mar 15, 2006