eSignal 8.0, 8.1 & QCharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Mar 14, 2006.

1. ...quick frankly the worst company ive ever done business with..and utterly arrogant with it....far as my office of traders are concerned ..they can go fook themselves...we did the nice bit for months but nothing ever resolved of course ... very fundamnetal issues which obviously arnt/werent to esignal....
    hang your head..and the likes of bollinger,pring etc who punt them too...your conning customers with super sub standard data delivery...poor tested new versions....and non existent customer service....new versions...how about getting the real issues attended to first...anyone on quote....bail out while youve got a chance and for god sake no one sign up for a year in advance with esignal ...a few etc bells and whistles dont help to cover up the piss poor quality on all fronts mark j

#11     Mar 14, 2006
  2. Chuck,

It's good to know that the "upgrade" to QCharts is for improving speed of data and quality, and not for subtracting any existing features, or making disruptive changes.

Trading is hard work and my only source of income, and I sure wouldn't like anyone trying to "fix" the tools (which work just fine the way they are) of my trade .

#12     Mar 14, 2006
  3. Guys, I feel for you. Fact is, all the complaining in the world won't effect esignal management. I complained over 3 years ago about a major problem (did you know that on daily interval futures charts volume is not correct) that was never fixed. I then proceeded to point out problem after problem, and I was just jerked around. I tried for another 2 YEARS to get them to fix important stuff, all to no avail. I left long time ago.

Really should look at Equis Quotecenter, Tradestation, or CQG. No vendor is perfect, are reasonable alternatives.

#13     Mar 14, 2006
  4. sammybea

sammybea

Chuck,

I just want to thank you for keeping us up-to-date. Just like AAA said, we like how Qcharts is designed, and upgrades concerning the quality of data would be welcomed by all. I don't plan on changing simply because managment changed. FYI, I belive this product is a gold mine that has been neglected for whatever reasons. Again, thanks for being so kind and letting us know whats going on.

#14     Mar 14, 2006
  5. Right Chuck,

Your eSignal charting package is Mediocre because IT IS NOT MULTI THREADED AND IS A RESOURCE HOG...

Yet, instead of improving your flagship product you buy out another company...

a move based on fear rather than on craftmanship...

the unexamined life is not worth living...

mediocrity...

how do you accept paychecks for such a hollow integrity...

#15     Mar 15, 2006
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Qcharts is fine the way it is. If the data problems [I always thought inaccurate data was the problem, and differences in data from one server to the next is one of the main reasons I left qcharts] can be fixed with new hardware then life is good for me.

Qcharts + good data every day = :) If the data was good then I could feed it to tradestation 2000 for backtesting and that would be the best of all [inexpensive] possible worlds.

#16     Mar 15, 2006
  7. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

... a bunch of posts while I was away tonight ...

Yes on speed and data quality ... as part of the 8.0 / 8.1 and the rescaling of servers I mentioned before, it will improve the performance.

On the timing of the release ... it is running later than we hoped, but April looks good for 8.0 now and we have been working in parallel on 8.1 so it should be right behind it.

On QCharts we may need to move out of the Miami site this summer so we may just rebuild the whole thing inside one of our other computer sites which will improve the access to the data sources and be on newest hardware platforms.

Feel free to join us on our forums:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com

Chuck
    @eSignal

#17     Mar 15, 2006
  8. jerryz

jerryz

question: 8.0 isn't even out yet but you are already working 8.1 which I assume fixes bugs you found in 8.0? why don't you just fix the bugs in 8.0 in the first place lol?

he said "rebuild the whole thing"! lol sorry qchart users.

#18     Mar 15, 2006
  9. romik

romik

I used Qcharts a little while back and like all experienced lagging data. I must admit I liked the software, but I had to make a switch to another software provider that allowed other feeds to be used. The only way I will return to Qcharts is when they will allow to choose the feed provider or get theirs sorted out. In day trading it is most important to have reliable data most of the time.

#19     Mar 15, 2006
  10. cmaxb

cmaxb

Chuck, I suggest you hire one or two developers whose sole job is to address the "little" concerns we bring up. I.e., someone like Jay or Duane, but who has access to the code, and programming experience. They could tackle these issues one by one while your team concentrates on the "bigger picture".

#20     Mar 15, 2006