eSignal 7 with Interactive Brokers.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

From yahoo egroups ...

If you goto to eSignal FileShare
    http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?folder=PaperTrade&groupid=1

You'll see some screenshots as well as an EFS formula that demonstrates how to use the PaperTrade in EFS. This particular EFS demonstrates how to draw text, graphics, and shapes on the chart and click on those objects to execute a trade or show the order entry.

Matt Gundersen
    @ eSignal

#11     Sep 25, 2002
  2. Matt---

What have you done with Chuck???

#12     Sep 25, 2002
  3. Chuck,

Please PM me. I have already written several visual basic routines to intergrate with Interactive Brokers. Here is a screen shot of my bracket-trader thus far -- I am incorporating a lot of bells and whistles ...

#13     Sep 25, 2002
  4. Chuck,

does it will be possible to route an order directly at ISLD or other ECN (without using SMART) inside eSignal final release?

#14     Sep 25, 2002
  5. alain

alain

chuck,
    sounds great.

two questions:
    - is the eurex data now direct from eurex? monday morning 0900 central european time there was the data missing and then suddenly at around 1000 the first data started to come in for the et z2-dt contract.
    - are you also planing to be integrated with other brokers such as GNI?

thnx, alain

#15     Sep 25, 2002
  6. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Answers ...

North Pesos, we are using IB's api and it only supports their Smart Routing. We are talking to them about supporting the ECNs.

Alain, new Eurex is close, I'm not sure of the exact switch date. I'll try and find out.

Who is GNI? PM me who to contact and are they interested? We are in the process of adding more integrated brokers. The nice thing is these are plug ins so we don't have to do a new release to support more.

Chuck
    @eSignal

#16     Sep 25, 2002
  7. I definitely thing that Esignal should have a % range of daily range relative to the high and low in the quote window field.
    This allows traders to spot where the stock is trading relative to its intraday trading in a glance in the quote sheet.

Custom programing of fields for the quote sheet would be great.

Also.. how about incorporating some basic in the quote sheet which I think needs more work in the first place. I don't get why you guys spend time developing paper trading functions when the quote window is so lacking.

Another addition to the quote field should be when a stock makes a new daily high or low.. the high or low column of the stock should be highlighted. Dragging and dropping symbols.. Qcharts seems to have this going for them... how about 50day avg volume?

I think esignal needs to totally revamp their quote sheets.. enough spending time with the charts...

--MIKE

#17     Sep 26, 2002
  8. How about variable quote sheet background colors a la QCharts. Red and green text is hard to see. Also, variable line spacing (row height, actually) so we can jam more info into a window. Right now it's font dependant.

#18     Sep 26, 2002
  9. ibprivee

ibprivee Guest

i downloaded today the new version of eSignal. (7.1 beta release Candidate)

Very good new features!

1. In the Oderdesk for IB however the possibility of the Trailing stop and the modification of the stop course is missing. Does one have to then input this Orders directly over the TWS Would be very pedantic, since the advantage of the integrated Traiding would then be omitted.

2. We try its Backtesting/Strategy performance.

Here the following is noticeable:
    as Futures Trader we became gladly by the input of points and appropriate equivalents in €/$ (f. example DAX: 1 point = 25 €) these results test together (profit/Loss) and in separate columns to add leave, so that one receives a result in €/to $ and points.

Equally we would like one day to exactly lock (Day trade) without resuming Overnight trades.

These inputs are however not possible at present.

Will it give a solution??

We would be very grateful.:)

#19     Sep 27, 2002
  10. Hey,

I haven't installed this latest beta yet - I am wondering, can I keep my old layouts, ach files, etc. from the previous beta??

Do I uninstall the previous one prior to installing this version?

Can I save all the formulas as well?

Should I delete the program files -> esignal folder after I run the uninstaller??

Do I need to hunt down any special system files, like the .dll's, and delete them individually when I uninstall the previous version??

Right now I have the 7.1 beta, build 472, 8/28/02, installed.

Thx,
    -b

#20     Sep 28, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.