eSignal 7 with Interactive Brokers.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

eSignal 7.1 Beta II & beyond ...

Since there has been lots of interest in eSignal working with IB, here is the latest information.

We are planning on releasing the second beta of 7.1 later this week. We have been testing with a small group of users the new integrated trading with Interactive Brokers. This will be in next week's release version.

So, the full features list for 7.1 are:

1. Tick Charts
    2. Back testing
    3. Mix and Match (real time & delayed exchanges)
    4. SmartBroker (IB and CyBertrader)
    5. Price Filtering
    6. Data Export
    7. Advanced GET Scanner integration
    8. 2 Advanced Studies -- Jan Arps, Mesa Indicators

eSignal 7.1 will probably go gold in late September. We are also working on 7.2 features. We are testing an interface to IRC chat with file sharing of charts and EFS studies. If there are users here who use this, check this out to get an early view of this new function:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eSignal/message/2940

Chuck Thompson
    @eSignal

2. wild

wild

3. Thanks Wild!

4. Chuck -

Can't get it to interact with the IB trader workstation. I set up the ActiveX and socket ports as directed, re-started esignal but the 'Tradelink Window' under the Tradelink menu is greyed out.

Any suggestions?

5. Unfortunately they didn't extend the tick chart history : only 1 day is available in advanced charts :-( (I guess they don't want us to beta test on 10 days which is strange to say the least!)

Also their IB integration is bad for future trading...eSignal 7.1 build 472 always use the eSignal symbol to fill the default parameters which is not at all the same as IB and don't fill the expiration either....

The transmit checkbox can't remember his status...
    The tradelink option should be at the top of the right click
    menu in order to trade faster too but is not...:-(

So at the end it is slow to use eSignal to scalp futures...

6. wild

wild

it´s a first Beta ... isn´t it ?

7. No it is not....

First beta with IB was Build 470 and I was a tester and I reported all of that already 3 weeks ago...

8. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

This is still a work in progress. We think more can be done too on the IB trading. Cybertrader is reviewing their version of this currently and we hope to open that up in the next week or so.

Chuck
    @eSignal

9. That would be a great combination.

10. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

A new version of 7.1 has been posted. Besides having the integrated trading with Interactive Brokers it includes a "paper trading" system to test your trading with.

Here is the latest eSignal 7.1 Release Candidate:

http://www.esignal.com/beta_71/default.asp

Chuck
    @eSignal

#10     Sep 25, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.