eSignal 7.8 & 7.9

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by eSignal Support, Dec 7, 2004.

1. I notice on the eSignal board people clamoring for an indicator for put/call ratio like this one I have attached.

For around a year and a half, eSignal has said this was one of the most requested indicators.

What gives, is this a tough one to include?

Seems like if we could have an indicator for "Sidney Greasy Wool", the American put/call would be a no-brainer.

Did you get a lot of requests for Greasy Wool????

#21     Jan 3, 2005
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

You appear to be right about the x and o's not being drawn until after the specified time period has elapsed. But since P & F charts are independent of time are eSignal's charts true P & F charts? Leaving the box size and reversal amount constant and changing time frames drastically changes the chart. Time frame should not have any effect on a true P & F. I tried the 1t time frame as you suggested which does seem to be a "fix" except now I'm stuck with 24 hours and not able to chart only regular trading hours. Got a suggestion for that? Doesn't the 1 t time frame also limit the user as to how far back he can chart with larger box sizes?

TIA

#22     Jan 29, 2005
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

It is true that going to a 1T chart will limit the amount of historical data available as it's going down to a tick-level to make sure it updates in real-time.

With 7.9, we are re-working the current implementation of Point & Figure to include the option of doing High/Low reversals, and the chart will default to displaying all the boxes when a reversal takes place. We'll be able to discuss this more in detail once we have the public beta available for download. Keep an eye on our beta forum for an update on the status of that beta.

#23     Jan 31, 2005
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Thanks for the response Jay. Will the changes mean that the P&F charts will update on a tick by tick basis the way bar charts do? And do they plan to eliminate the current time frame dependency of your P&F charts? That would be a biggie. Also the options available of which price to use, H,L,C,H+L/2 ect. don't include the high and the low. It's one or the other. I may be wrong but shouldn't the x and o columns be determined by the highest price AND the lowest price for that column?
    I will keep an eye on that beta link.

#24     Jan 31, 2005
  5. is there any way of linking ensign charts with esignal? or do i have to manually change tickers on ensign?

#25     Jan 31, 2005
  6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Can't really comment on any of this yet until the beta is out, because there may be changes to these items and the feature list isn't fully released yet. We can revisit this once the beta has been officially put out.

#26     Jan 31, 2005
  7. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

I haven't tried out the latest version of Ensign, but the last time I did, I didn't see any feature to link the two together. Of course, Ensign can recieve eSignal's data, but it isn't listening for symbol changes within eSignal.

#27     Jan 31, 2005
  8. faceache

faceache

#28     Feb 1, 2005
  9. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

You can adjust any symbol by the British Pound Futures by taking the desired symbol and dividing it by the symbol for the BP Fut's. For example, try this... ES #F / BP #F

One alternative you may want to look at is using Forex for this conversion. The price of the British Pound Futures is almost always different then the actual exchange rate that banks are willing to exchange the currency for (+/- 0.02 is a typical difference.) If that difference is acceptable to what you're doing, then no need to worry about it, but if you need a higher degreee of accuracy, then consider using Forex.

#29     Feb 1, 2005
  10. faceache

faceache

The BP #F is good enough for my taste. This is perfect for my needs to analyse macro trends, I just did'nt Know how to format the ticker

I've always been 100% happy with Esignal ....keep up the good work. Thanks for replying.

f :)

#30     Feb 2, 2005