eSignal 7.8 & 7.9

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by eSignal Support, Dec 7, 2004.

1. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

I thought Trade-Ideas already linked to symbols w/in eSignal. That's functionality that they would write since they have our API. Please check with them.

Thanks.

#11     Dec 8, 2004
  2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

The formal beta for 7.9 will likely start in Feb of next year since the tentative due date for 7.9 is March 05. There are some hooks already in place for EFS2 but not visible to end-users. If you want to PM me your eSignal username, I'll see if Engineering wants another early alpha tester for EFS2.

Thanks.

#12     Dec 8, 2004
  3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

#13     Dec 8, 2004
  4. It links great to eSignal Charts and level 2, but the issue is portfolios, they would need to know what is in my particular portfolio in order to do that. I see that functionality available in QT, but Trade-Ideas is a window you open from inside QT cause QT integrated their ActiveX control. That would be the best thing in my opinion cause then I would have eSignal as more of my desktop real estate and would not need to update TI symbols lists every time I changed something it would all be automatic.

#14     Dec 8, 2004
  5. Great! I have been waiting for this for years! Thank you!

#15     Dec 8, 2004
  6. eSignal can you answer my question.....

#16     Dec 10, 2004
  7. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Diamondtrim,

I think I already suggested that contacting Trade Ideas is the best next step. They have our API so if you want some part of TI changed to support some feature w/in eSignal, you'd need to talk to them. If I'm not understanding the question, please elaborate further. We don't do the coding for 3p's, we just provide instructions and the tools via our API.

Or are you suggesting some API change on our part? If so, I can direct you to the proper forum on Central for that topic.

Thanks.

#17     Dec 11, 2004
  8. Could anyone please comment on two items. I've tried online support, email support, and a phone call; but to no avail.

1) point and figure charts aren't functioning properly. Terrell (I think that was his name) told me esignal is aware of problem, but never followed through with an answer.

2) the volume figures on the market profile volume histrogram are dreadfully inacurrate. For example, early today, ES #F showed 17k contracts traded at 1197.00. At the same time, 2 other softwares showed about 10k traded. The wierd thing is, one of the 2 were connected to esignals api. No matter what, the figures are way off.

#18     Dec 13, 2004
  9. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

1) I'm guessing that the PnF issue is caused by one of two things. Our PnF charts by default do not draw the X's and O's required to fufill the reversal amount, and will start drawing X's and O's once the reversal is successful. The more traditional approach is included, and this can be turned on by going to Chart Options --> Edit Studies, and then choosing Alternate Display. The other thing it may be is that the PnF chart waits to draw the appropriate X's and O's only after the interval has been closed. For example, if the interval is set to 1 minute, then the PnF chart can only update at the close of each one minute period. To work-around this, an interval of "1T" can be used.

2) Regarding the MP Volume issue, I would suggest reviewing this thread.

#19     Dec 13, 2004
  10. thanks Jay,

I'll check these both out.

#20     Dec 13, 2004