Esignal 7.4 vs. Ensign Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by InTheZone, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Hi,

I'm thinking about using Esignal 7.4 or Ensign Software's charting package, both using the eSignal datafeed.

I'm not terribly familiar with either, and am hoping that the superiority of one package will become obvious with feedback from fellow ET members.

I'm looking to use the software to draw Fibonacci retracements, extensions and projections, and to have the program alert me visually and via audio when price targets are met.

Your thoughts about how well these programs do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-- ITZ

2. keeda

keeda

I have been using Ensign exculsively now for three years as the graphing program for Esignal. I only use the Esingal product to keep track of equity options and everything else in Ensign so I cannot comment on the features of Esignal.

I do know that you can draw Fib retracements, extensions and projections in Ensign inaddition to having the program alert you visually and via audio when price targets are met by use of the Alert tool. You could also program this into Ensign by way of the ESPL scripting/programming language (very powerful programming environment albeit a steep learning curve).

You could download Ensign via their web site and test it out for yourself. I believe there is a 30 day limit on the download without a datafeed. You can simulate realtime pricing with your alerts with the outstanding playback feature in Ensign (which is priceless IMHO) along with the Sim-Broker to test your strategies.

Of course I am biased. I have not used any other software packages other than Ensign or Esignal so I can not give you any other comparisons. Once I found Ensign I have never had the inkling to use anything else.

On the Esignal side, version 7.4 is looking quite impressive (if you only use Esignal) many of the features are avail in Ensign already. If you use both (Ensign as your frontend to Esignal) you get the both of best worlds as you can run both programs over the datafeed interface. If cost is an issue then I certainly suggest that you download Ensign and test out for yourself. Most people who get into Ensign get hooked for life. A very stable environment for your charts. And if you have an issue with any software features, need a modification, etc, you are just an email and two to five days away from getting you change in the program. These guys (Howard and crew) do things RIGHT!

Search for Ensign on this site and check out what other people have to say. Also visit the website @ www.ensignsoftware.com for more details.

Hope this helps.
    keeda

3. Hi Keeda,

Thanks for your reply. It helps very much.

-- ITZ

4. keeda

keeda

By nature of good timing, Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities Mag (Sept 2003 edition) has a review of Ensign on page 90.