Esignal 7.4 ActiveX support

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 23, 2003.

1. It's called "stick it to you where ever they can".

If people will pay it, they'll be happy to rip you for an extra couple hundred. So that's an extra $435 the first year - just for that??

#21     Aug 6, 2003
  2. i agree. something like this should be a basic function of the esignal program. esignal already gives me the quotes. i just want another way of getting them out and into excel. why don't they charge me a monthly fee + "set up" charge to use the data export tool? i think it is kinda bogus that i would have to pay $435, the first year, to do this.

i can see charging additional fees for more exchanges, etc., but $435, the first year, for something like this?! :-/

get rid of that $195 "set up" fee and you'll get my $20/month.

p. s. i'm pretty sure you esignal guys in these forums don't set the prices of "set up" fees, so i don't want to bitch to you guys. i'm just hoping you'll either pass my discontent along to who does make those choices and/or other ET members will see this and complain also.

#22     Aug 7, 2003
  3. It seems to me with their 195$ initial fee, they just don't want to sponsor freeware creation.

I thought freewares based on eSignal could help eSignal to sell more licenses but it seems their marketing department thinks the opposite...

#23     Aug 7, 2003
  4. I think maybe it's because they don't want a bunch of non-pros (in other words, amateur developers) jamming up the feed with alot of crappy software...

many theories about the demise of the QC continuum client revolve around their free allowance of their API...

#24     Aug 7, 2003
  5. That doesn't wash with me, as that is the reason this ActiveX control is part of the esignal client app. The client app can limit the requests, etc. and your max is already defined in your service level. Most folks are limited to 100 symbols unless they want to pay extra. The ActiveX control is not capable of pulling down any more data than their own client already can.

Esignal also has Turbo Feed which is their direct data feed link. Turbo Feed is targeted at professional developers and costs a small fortune. The ActiveX control embedded in the basic client is meant for us little guys.

#25     Aug 7, 2003
  6. back to the top...

anyone using this yet?? is it worth the fees??

#26     Dec 2, 2003
  7. Yes. I'm using it. After RealTick kept dying, I finally got fed up and moved my app to eSignal's ActiveX control. There are a few areas where the control needs improvement, IMHO, but it is "version 1.0" and has a lot of potential for improvement. I will also say that my eyes feel that the data is a teeny bit faster than I was getting via RealTick.

So in general, I am happy with it and have no intention of going back to RealTick any time soon.

#27     Dec 2, 2003
  8. word...does RT's API have a separate charge to use it?

tia,
    -b

#28     Dec 2, 2003
  9. No. Unless they just added one. They do charge if you need tech support with regards to using the API.

#29     Dec 2, 2003
  10. word. now if only the feed cost 1/3 as much i'd pay for it. :)

...anyone ever try IQfeed? it's only $50/mo, $70 w/ NL2, and API costs $300/year and gives you access to the MMID fields in the box...(not that it would give you any edge, but it's still kewl).

http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/index.cfm

#30     Dec 5, 2003