Esignal 7.4 ActiveX support

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Jay eSignal,

Are there any plans to allow users to get data from Excel and import into Esignal for charting and analysis?

#11     Jun 27, 2003
  2. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

My apologies Runningbear for missing your post. It would be possible to do what you are looking for, but it would be fairly complicated. ActiveX is more of a programming interface, versus DDE that just had a one line reference back to the Data Manager. If you already know an Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language, then creating Time and Sales either in Excel (i.e. VBA) or outside as a standalone app shouldn't prove too difficult. However, if you aren't familiar with OOP, then there would be a significant learning curve involved.

#12     Jun 27, 2003
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

At this point, there is no plan to allow data to be imported into eSignal.

#13     Jun 27, 2003
  4. now that 7.4 is out, can we use activex to get historical data into excel? if so, how much does this cost and where can i read about it?

thx

#14     Aug 6, 2003
  5. maxpi

maxpi

I hope somebody developes a plug-in for Excel so that history and realtime updates can be gotten just by pasting a list of issues into a column. This can be done with quote.com's qlink and some VBA programming but it is a hassle to try to work with their data and servers.

#15     Aug 6, 2003
  6. #16     Aug 6, 2003
  7. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Here's an overview of eSignal's new ActiveX Interface. Towards the bottom, you'll also find links to our ActiveX documentation and ActiveX Forum on eSignal Central. If you are already an eSignal subscriber, you can add the service directly to your account via Account Maintenance. Once activated, you'll be charged a one-time set-up fee of $195 and then an addt'l $20/mo. Getting history data into Excel should be fairly routine, if you're familiar with programming.

Hope that helps.

#17     Aug 6, 2003
  8. yeah.. i was just going to sign up. $20/month isn't that bad, but what's with a $195 set up fee? i hate set up fees. what is a set up fee, exactly? what costs $195 to set me up?!

for the time being, i'm just gonna continue using data export until i have more money and can afford this. or if esignal decides to lose that ridiculous (unless someone can justify it) $195 set up fee.

EDIT: the post above me was deleted. my reply was in response to a previous poster's complaint about the activex fees.

#18     Aug 6, 2003
  9. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Now that we have this new tool, eSignal will be launching a series of tools for users. An Excel one is a great idea and we'll probably get to it shortly.

We are working on one now for Tradestation TS2000i users. eSignal works with TS2000i as a standard datafeed choice. Now that eSignal supports over 75 real time global exchanges we wanted to make it easier for these users to use eSignal as their datafeed. This ActiveX tool will help users load tick and history data into TS2000i.

We are testing this new ActiveX tool in house now and it should be posted in an open beta shortly on our forums ....

Chuck

Visit us @ http://forum.esignalcentral.com/

#19     Aug 6, 2003
  10. wondering that myself...

#20     Aug 6, 2003