eSignal 7.4 & 7.5 features

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Jun 21, 2003.

1. eSignal Fixes
    Daydreaming,

We agree, a release is worthless if it doesn't focus on bugs just as much as features. If you are having trouble, please post on our forums so you can help us help you. A lot of times users post on Elite about a problem and then won't respond to our PMs trying to help them. Kind of hard to figure out their problem then ...

Chuck,

Why you post on this board your exciting new releases and not on your forums? Perhaps, users like me find your forums and customer service people not as effective as this board to get some feedback. Anyhow, I like your product a lot and I'm very happy with it. However, I think that after 7.3, E-signal got less stable.

daydreaming

#11     Jun 21, 2003
  2. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

Chuck ...... thanks for the notice on 7.4.

Andy has worked very hard with me recently to get some problems straightened out -
    Missing data / SERVER problems -- and a couple of other things.

Hat's off to Andy and all you guy's .... Great Job.

Guess if I had one request now... it would be regarding the Fib Tool.
    I wish there were more boxes to select more Fib levels.
    I use the main Fib tool for both Contractions AND Expansions.
    I find the regular fib expansion tool far to clunky to work with.

If the above is not clear, PM or email me and I'll try to better explain -- if you wish.

Best Regards

#12     Jun 21, 2003
  3. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

MiamiBeach - yes some other users mentioned that one - we are looking at it to see if there is something we can do on it.

Zbear - yes, PM me what you are looking for, we made some changes in the last release or two on this from user's feedback.

There are thousands of users plus our staff on our forums to help users with any issue.

Chuck
    Visit us @ http://forum.esignalcentral.com/

#13     Jun 22, 2003
  4. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

mkmps - you can use 5 symbols per advanced chart now - think that was added in 7.3.

Neil - don't have the fundamental list yet, but it is over 100 new data fields.

Should have one more beta release in early July in which you will be able to see all these new fields in the fundamental display window.

Chuck
    Visit us @ http://forum.esignalcentral.com/

#14     Jun 23, 2003
  5. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

great new features, just downloaded/installed the 7.4... I really like the popout windows and embedded drag handles, plus all the other enhancements..

agree a top FAQ I get from my traders is "how do I find out what stock is in what sector" ... so if there's a way to add that field (eg to tell them if it's in GIN vs SOX vs RLX etc), to the quotebox, that would be helpful ..

in the meantime here's a sector link I refer my traders to:
    http://money.cnn.com/technology/techstocks/

Here's my only 2003 request for a new esignal feature:

it would be very helpful to have more functions that provide visual signals for time and sales patterns.

Example: If there was some way to show visually, the transactions per minute in the tape, (both volume-weighted and raw), this would be useful, eg a tape speedometer of sorts.

It would look like a horizontal bar with a mark that moves across the middle, a gauge, that rests on top of the time and sales window. Again like a speedometer needle/bar, that could be volume-weighted if desired.

Anything along those lines, would be helpful, eg to gauge transaction speed vs volume as a dedicated time & sales feature. It may already be available as an advanced chart formula, any ideas?

And to get really advanced, if there was some way to integrate various wilder volatility parameters like ADX/DMI values with a corresponding speedup in time and sales patterns, you'd have a superb breakout indicator.

ok that's my .02.... keep up the great work w/esignal - it's easily the best.

ken

#15     Jun 23, 2003
  6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

One method to access the sector information for a particular stock is to right-click it in a Quote Window, select Research, and then MarketGuide.

#16     Jun 23, 2003
  7. syd697

syd697

How about working on some of the pit-traded commodity option features that have been neglected for so long. Why don't the "greeks" columns in the option chains give any values for commodity options? Things like soybean options, crude oil options, coffee options, etc. How about adding a "days to expiration" column for the commodity options. Why are the A/C/E options chains for the grains which trade at night ever cleared out to just reflect the most current quotes? There are option quotes from days and weeks ago in those option chains. There's opportunity to trade these things during the night but I can never figure out which option quotes are viable because esignal doesn't update them. I know there's a ton of e-mini traders who use esignal, as well as equity and equity option traders who's request seem to be more at the top of the list, but there's also people like me who make a living with the pit-traded commodities. It's tough when these items are always taking a back seat. Maybe time to switch back to Futuresource.

#17     Jun 23, 2003
  8. would u be able to access hong kong futures or sydney futures data with the 7.4 BETA?

#18     Jun 24, 2003
  9. This kind of gauge is available with CyberTRader PRO, the gauge feature can be customized on many parameter, as cross/lock/speed/bid/ask/MM/etc. this could be interesting that eSignakl check it for transposing inside their plateforme.

#19     Jun 24, 2003
  10. Chuck,

You don't plan to enhance the backtesting module soon? Once upon a time (sic) Matt G wanted to do a backtester that could test multiple symbols or multiple formulas, we were also talking about an optimizer with MonteCarlo engine (to cut down the number of iterations) and so on.......(this discussion took place in 2002)

Is it planned for 8.x ? Do you have a team working on this ? (and on correction of the various bugs in existing backtester : wrong time statistics if used on tick, or second charts; no currency symbol change possible, no point value possible for futures, problems with rounding of commissions)

Thanks for any info you can provide on this topic.

#20     Jun 24, 2003