eSignal 7.3 beta with popout windows - anyone tried it yet?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bungrider, Mar 12, 2003.

1. It continuously shows the % in range for a giving security. For instance if msft was off 50% from its intraday high it would have a % in daily range of 50. If msft was off 60% from its daily high it would have a % in daily range of 40.

Both Quotetracker and QCharts carry this column heading field so its nothing new.

Highly useable though.

#41     Apr 19, 2003
  2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Yes, you can do either of these in eSignal. Once you've set-up the columns for Change or Percentage Change, just right-click on that field header and select Compute Change. Here you choose whether to use the Previous days close or today's opening trade to compute those two fields.

Thanks.

#42     Apr 20, 2003
  3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Thanks. That helps.

We may be introducing something pretty close with ver 7.3 due out later this month. Our new Quote Board window has a built-in "thermometer" that displays O/H/L/C with an arrow to depict the current price. While not a # per se, it will provide a quick visual of today's trading range.

Here's a sample quote board from eSignal Central File Share.

Thanks.

#43     Apr 20, 2003
  4. Looks interesting. Did you swipe that concept from CQG?;)

Still like to see a % range column though.

#44     Apr 20, 2003
  5. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

:) Actually, several customers requested this format and it was fairly easy to program.

I'll make sure your % range requests are forwarded to Engineering.

Thanks.

#45     Apr 20, 2003
  6. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

You got us thinking that we should have such a list so we put it together recently and have posted it in our FAQ section.

Thanks for the idea.

#46     Apr 23, 2003

7. You might add: Weekly % range, Monthly % range, Yearly % range while your at it.

The only other thing I'd like to see is some sort of filtered hot list available. Probably one of the best features of QCharts. And no, Market Scanner will not do. Because it sucks.:)

#47     May 4, 2003
  8. The pop out window feature is a HUGE plus. Great work!

Dan

#48     May 4, 2003
  9. lescor

lescor

I thought the full release version of 7.3 was supposed to be out Friday (that's what a sales rep told me). Any date set yet?

#49     May 5, 2003
  10. lescor

lescor

I'm using the 7.3 beta and would like to filter for nyse only prices using the dde link to excel. How can I do this?

=WINROS|LAST!AA gives the last price, but =WINROS|LAST!AA=N does not work. Is it possible?

#50     May 10, 2003