eSignal 7.3 beta with popout windows - anyone tried it yet?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bungrider, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Chuck T,

Korea's Kospi 200 futures & options? It's rumored long ago Comstock would carry it by last July.

Any chance for Osaka's Nikkei 225?

And Taiwan's futures and options markets?

#21     Mar 16, 2003
  2. cartm

cartm

Chuck, can you post a direct link to esignalcentral where I can post some ideas for the next release.......bc I would think they are more likely to get read over there than here, I looked and can't find a place or group in it, just file sharing, pics of charts, etc.....tia.

#22     Mar 16, 2003
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Hello cartm,

Suggestions can either be sent directly to our Product Development Team via ideas@esignal.com or posted at the eSignal 7.x forum here.

Regards,
    Jay F.
    eSignal Community Support

#23     Mar 18, 2003
  4. BCE

BCE

Hi
    Just downloaded eSignal 7.3 Beta Release 2.exe to try this week. I know the officially released final version 7.3 is being released soon (does anyone know when?) but I just wanted to try some of the new features especially the floating window which will be most useful. Seems like I had read that once you upgrade to 7.3 you can't go back. Is this true? I'll probably try it anyway as I've tested all the other beta releases and they've worked fine. BTW thanks for releasing such solid beta versions. :)

#24     Apr 6, 2003
  5. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

BCE,

Thank you for trying our beta.

We hope to release 7.3 in the later part of this month. Floating windows are great, especially for multi-monitor users. Some of the features to be released is NYSE's Open Book and regional option quotes. You can also edit bar data directly from a chart window (Chart Options - Tools -> Bar Editor).

If you have any feedback on the beta, please post it to our Beta forum.

Regarding your question about going back to a previous version, there is no limitation to go back to a previous version. We just suggestion doing an uninstall using directions found here.

#25     Apr 7, 2003
  6. BCE

BCE

Hi, J
    Been using it the last couple of days and it's great. Didn't know about the edit bar data feature which will be great too. Thanks very much to all the developers for all the hard work. Greatly appreciated. Thanks for your response. :)
    PS A couple of other features that would be very useful is to have a symbol for the Put/Call ratio and also to be able to use a filter to bring up just ECN bids and asks in the Market Depth window in the premarket and after hours. Thanks.

#26     Apr 9, 2003
  7. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Thanks BCE for the suggestions. I have passed this along to our Product Development Team to take into consideration for a future release. If you have any further suggestions and wish to email them directly, you can reach them at ideas@esignal.com.

#27     Apr 9, 2003
  8. lescor

lescor

I've never used the product before trying out the latest beta. Two things you have to add is spread charts available in bar or candle format, and be able to calculate spreads with whole numbers in the formula. Right now you can't chart any merger spreads that include a cash component.

#28     Apr 9, 2003
  9. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

lescor,

The latter can actually be done with EFS (eSignal Formula Script). EFS is an extended version of JavaScript 1.5. In addition to the core functionality of JavaScript 1.5, we’ve added custom extensions, or custom functions, that give the user specific control over the eSignal Advanced Charts. These extensions allow users to access the chart data and develop custom indicators and back testing strategies.

More information on EFS can be found at these URL's:Advanced Charting Resource Center
    eSignal Bulletin Boards

EFS Help Center and Library (coming this weekend!)

#29     Apr 11, 2003
  10. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Here is the final list of new features in eSignal 7.3 to go Gold soon:

New Data Types
    · Regional Options
    · NYSE OpenBook
    New Features/Functionality
    · Pop-Out Windows
    · Quoteboard
    · Thin Title Bars
    · Enhanced Market Depth Headings
    Add-on Studies
    · eMESA Trading System
    Charting Enhancements
    · Edit Bar Values
    · Extend Lines Support for Fibonacci Extension and Retracement
    · Update-All Charts Function by using Ctrl key while selecting any of these features
    o Autoscale
    o Bar / Candle / Line
    o Bar Spacing
    o Bar Width
    o Crosshair
    o Cursor Window
    o Log Scale
    o Reset
    o Snapshot Window
    o Time Templates
    · Global Cursor Window
    · Hide X / Y Axis
    · Small Cursor
    · DiNapoli Indicators
    · Advanced GET Automatic Line Drawing Tools (coming soon)

Chuck
    http://www.esignalcentral.com

#30     Apr 16, 2003