eSignal 7.3 beta with popout windows - anyone tried it yet?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bungrider, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

There are more charting features planned for 7.3 but I am not exactly sure what they all are. Please submit all suggestions to ideas@esignal.com .

I know we will also have the NYSE OpenBook along with regional Options displayed in the new Market Depth window as part of 7.3.

We are generally working on 3 versions at a time. The coming 8.0 will be a global coverage version replacing the datafeeds we currently use in Europe and adding in Latin American and Asia - Pacific exchanges.

Chuck
    @eSignal

#11     Mar 15, 2003
  2. What exchanges do you plan to add with eSignal 8.0 ?

--

Alarmed lines would be a nice addons for eSignal 7.3 :
    alarmed trendlines or alarmed fibonacci (popup and/or sound when the last touchs the trendline)

#12     Mar 16, 2003
  3. I would just like to compliment eSignal on their proactive philosophy on putting out a top-notch product.

I've been trading for 15 years, and have used various platforms. I switched to eSignal about 5 months ago, and I'm like a kid in a candy store with this platform!

#13     Mar 16, 2003
  4. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

GeorgeSoros,

We have access to over 100 new exchanges, so it covers every major exchange in the world. Our parent company, Interactive Data (NYSE:IDC), purchased a global datafeed provider. We are actively working at integrating it into the eSignal product now.

Chuck
    @eSignal

#14     Mar 16, 2003
  5. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

From Tradewinds

03-16-03 11:18 AM

I would just like to compliment eSignal on their proactive philosophy on putting out a top-notch product.

I've been trading for 15 years, and have used various platforms. I switched to eSignal about 5 months ago, and I'm like a kid in a candy store with this platform!

-------------

Thanks for your compliments on eSignal!! To learn more on eSignal you should go to http://www.eSignalCentral.com to see all the "candy".

Here is a good example of what some users are capable of doing in EFS - Pyrapoint, Volume Profile, Murrey Math, EquiVolume, and Square of Nine. These are good examples of the power of the eSignal Formula Scripting language:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=767

Chuck
    @eSignal

#15     Mar 16, 2003
  6. Chuck, would appreciate you give us more info on what exchanges you plan to support in eSignal 8.0 (see previous post)

#16     Mar 16, 2003
  7. I have been using esignal for almost 1 year and I think its an excellent package.

These are 2 suggestions I have:

1. Add the ability to place decimals in futures charts and quotes like ES and NQ. For example instead of seeing 83150 as an ES quote.. it should be adjustable to 831.50
    This function just makes it cleaner to read the quotes and charts.

2. Start spending more time on the quote window. The chart have come a long way... instead of focusing on backtesting and replay.. I think the core features of the programs are more important. Quotes display need to be redone. They should be more intuitive and cleaner.. with much more functionality Perhaps we can even have custom made fields. I am really looking forward to something like an advanced quote window:)

--MIKE

#17     Mar 16, 2003
  8. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

GeorgeSoros,

Ok, let us try this, there may be more but I know we have access to these...

European Equities & Options

Bern Stocks
    Copenhagen Stock Exchange
    Eurex
    EuroMTS
    Eurenext (Formerly Brussels, Amsterdam, and
    Paris Exchange)
    German Stock Exchange
    Helsinki Stock Exchange
    International Petroleum Exchange
    Irish Stock Exchange
    Italian Stock Exchange
    Jiway
    LIFFE
    Lisbon Stock Exchange
    London Stock Exchange
    MATIF
    MEFF
    MONEP
    NASDAQ Europe (Formerly EASDAQ)
    Neuer Market
    Newex
    Oslo Stock Exchange
    Spanish Stock Exchange
    Stockholm Stock Exchange
    SWX Swiss Exchange
    Vienna Stock Exchange
    Virt-X Exchange
    Xetra

European Futures & Options

Baltic Futures Exchange
    EEX Futures
    Eurex
    Euronext
    European Energy Exchange
    International Petroleum Exchange
    LIFFE
    London Commodity Exchange
    London Metal Exchange
    MATIF
    MEFF
    MONEP
    Vienna Future and Options Exchange

Asia - Pacific Exchanges Equities & Options

Australian Stock Exchange
    Hong Kong Stock Exchange
    Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange
    Shanghai Stock Exchange
    Shenzen Stock Exchange
    Singapore Exchange (Formerly SIMEX)
    Singapore Stock Exchange
    Tokyo Stock Exchange

Asia - Pacific Futures & Options

Hong Kong Futures Exchange
    Hong Kong Metals Exchange
    Malaysia Derivatives Exchange
    (Formerly KLOFFE)
    New Zealand Futures Exchange
    Sydney Futures Exchange

Hope that helps,
    Chuck
    http://www.eSignalCentral.com

#18     Mar 16, 2003
  9. Very cool list, you seem to match all Interactivebrokers markets...No RUSSEX (Russian) planned ?

Any plan to extend the historical intraday data ?

#19     Mar 16, 2003
  10. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Agree, very impressive list of international exchanges. I'd also like the Russian exchange in the future so we'll see.

We do have going to 1 year of intraday history data on the 7.3 list. Not 100% it will make it but I hope so.

Chuck
    http://www.eSignalCentral.com

#20     Mar 16, 2003