eSignal 7.2 & eSignalCentral.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Jan 22, 2003.

1. ------------------------------
    Chuck ;
    Like esignal 7.0 fine:cool: & would rather not switch if not necessary.

Can you help with reference #145,5956.Moving averages stay on chart fine ; except my one newest moving average.After pressing ''save defaults'' [chart options] and when relogging on ,its gone about 80% of the time.{intraday, & daily charts}

Murray

#21     Feb 7, 2003
  2. No it does not build the bars. It is exactly the same as pressing the back and forward arrows on your keyboard to scroll through the charts. Also, you can only do it with one chart individually, not your whole layout. Of course you could set up all your individual charts to replay and try and synchronize them with each other.

#22     Feb 7, 2003
  3. Hi Murray,

I checked for incident# 1455956 & couldn't find it in our database, is that number an incident assigned to you from eSignal? It's great to hear the 7.0 works fine for you, but we now of some bugs in 7.0 and at that time, we came out with 7.01 shortly thereafter due to those early bugs. 7.0 was the very first release with the new advanced charting, since then we've added to much stuff to ignore. I recommend upgrading to the latest.

Other than that, you should call or email into Tech Support for additional help.

Regards,

#23     Feb 7, 2003
  4. ==========
    Andy;
    Yes that was an Esignal incident #; probably upgrade later.

Thanks & good reading.
    :cool:

#24     Feb 8, 2003
  5. I just upgraded my Esignal to 7.2. With regard to the SuperMontage that replaces the Level II:

1.) I am unable to rearrange the order of the columns for the MMID, Bid, BSize, Ask, ASize, etc. It would be nice if I could make the Bid column right next to the Ask.

2.) A scroll bar now always appears next to the MMs area. There should be an option to disable this scroll bar because realistically you're not going to look that far down the list. The bar eats up valuable screen space and becasue of it the whole window must be wider.

3.) There are 3 really large, goofy buttons for Montage, Island, and Arca on the bottow of the window which also eat up valuable screeen space. There is no way to adjust the size of these buttons. What's even more ridiculous is that the Island and Arca buttons don't do anything. I can only assume that I must subscribe to addition services. How about just makig the buttons disappear? Surely you can come up with better way to enable these books without these buttons. Perhaps you could put them in a right click drop down or properties icon.

4.) In the Quote Area, there should be a method of changing the labels. For example, I could have CO as my label for Change since open and CC as change since Close.

#25     Feb 9, 2003
  6. Hi Bullfighter,

I will past on your comments to our product management team for their review. We've received many comments thus far and plan to make enhancements in upcoming releases. For example, #3 has been suggested and we're planning an option to hide those. The others, I'm not sure if that's been mentioned, but I'll make product management aware.

Thanks,

#26     Feb 10, 2003
  7. The formula wizard seems to be putting out syntax errors.

In this latest instant, it's asking for a ; before a statement, where normally there wouldn't be one. If you insert it, it still asks for it like it doesn't recognise that you've added it.

I've had these problems on all 5 of the formulas I've tried to write using the wizard and havn't managed to make even one work since I downloaded v7.2 last night.

Is this some kind of bug in the system or am I doing something wrong? I could understand it if I was getting what I wanted wrong, but syntax errors?

mystified

:confused:

Natalie

#27     Feb 17, 2003
  8. Does someone know when the eurex feed for esignal is going to be improved? I heard that there would be a new provider from 1st January this year but I dont seem to see any improvements yet.

Thanks.

#28     Feb 17, 2003
  9. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

#29     Feb 17, 2003
  10. Can someone from ESignal please give the status on this. A group of us in London want to subscribe to Esignal when this is resolved.

#30     Feb 17, 2003