eSignal 7.2 & eSignalCentral.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Jan 22, 2003.

1. tampa

tampa

Sure would be nice had the download page not gone down...(sigh)

#11     Jan 28, 2003
  2. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Tampa, working fine here, just downloaded 7.2 to my Wi-Fi laptop.

Chuck

#12     Jan 28, 2003
  3. tampa

tampa

...been getting a "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" message all night long.

#13     Jan 28, 2003
  4. tampa

tampa

...still getting the "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" message...I have no problem getting to any other page on the site - any suggestions?

#14     Jan 29, 2003
  5. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Join the thousands of users now running eSignal 7.2. The new eSignal 7.2 features and download can be found here:

http://www.esignal.com/esignal/features/default.asp

The quick list of Big Features are:

Market Depth - Nasdaq has launched SuperMontage which replaces the old Level II screens. Users can look at each of the new Nasdaq views, QuoteView, PowerView, TotalView, and DepthView. Also added direct ECN books from Island and coming soon ARCA.

Formula Wizard - This new tool allows users who are familiar with EFS to create custom formulas in an easier way without the worry about syntax errors or faulty logic. It places all the necessary pieces of a formula in the correct order and format needed for the advanced charts. This is also a great tool for novice users to get a better feel for custom formulas.

Replay Mode - This allows users to step through a trading day in the same way you can step through a movie with a video recorder or DVD player. It lets you test your formulas and strategies with a full days worth of data without needing to wait for things to play out in Real-time. You can make adjustments to a custom formula or change the set of indicators you're using and then just go back and replay the data again. This helps you fine tune everything to be ready for the next day of trading.

eSignal Chat - Using a new window within eSignal that can connect to the IRC, users can chat with each other in a wide array of existing chat rooms designed for traders. We include a connection to the Daytraders room on Othernet which is a very active room for traders as well as a connection to our eSignal room. One huge advantage to our new chat over other vendors and general IRC programs is that we can push images and file links directly into a chat room within eSignal which makes the tool so much more powerful. Users can easily illustrate their chat topics with this feature. Since the IRC is such an open platform, users can also create their own rooms for private chats. The only thing you need to do is create a room name that's unique enough so that it doesn't already exist and then just pass the name of the room to others.

Broker Plug-ins - With the 7.2 release, we're using version checking to be sure that a user has the latest versions of the Integrated Broker files needed for each release. If the user has an older broker file, the Trade menu will not show the broker even if there's a file in their directory. There are now plug-in installers available on the downloads page for each of the current brokers. As new broker files get created or new partners come on board, additional installers will become available. We now have plug-ins for Interactive Brokers, Cyber Trader, and Options Express. Many more brokers coming soon!

Visit http://www.eSignalCentral.com for more information,

Chuck
    @eSignal

#15     Feb 1, 2003
  6. cartm

cartm

Now that 7.2 is out here are my requests for 7.3 :p

1. More integrated brokers and platforms, (like jtrader)
    2. A pc ratio.
    3. The ability to list several stocks/futures on one chart, in different time frames. Like a es 2 min and csco 2 tick on 1 chart using candles.
    4. The ability to build our own prop indexes. Like lets say I follow the naz 100, let me take 30 of the 100, give them each a value, and be able to plug those 30 as 1 candle or bar chart.
    5. Integrated market clock. Or maybe a stopwatch type feature, and allow us to enlarge the font.
    6. A level 2 type feature for futures, like TT, or JPATS dome. (5 deep)

Thank you. I figure if I get my requests in early enough some might actually be looked at.:D ..........its good now imo, but it ALWAYS could be better.

#16     Feb 1, 2003
  7. I must say I was disappointed with the 'Replay' function in the new release. I was thinking (or hoping) it would be a replay of all market data outside market hours as Cybertrader and Tradecast do/used to do. In Esignal it is nothing more than an automatic scroll button on a chart that can be set for speed. I think it is misleading to call this a 'Replay' function. Why not call it what it actually is which is 'Automatic Scroll'.
    :(

#17     Feb 1, 2003
  8. davez

davez

I am not on the US East Coast (not on NY time) and find it unnecessarily confusing that the eSignal charts seem to only be able to operate based on my local (my computer clock) time. So instead of eSignal charts showing a market open of 9:30, I show a market open at 22:30 (I'm half way around the world).

Very confusing when one is reading day trading commentary, and my charts times don't align with commentary time.

Then I get a vertical line and change to the next date, 1-1/2 hours after the open. Again, confusing when that vertical line normally means the start of the next trading day.

It seems the only solution is to change my computer clock to match NY time. Does anyone have another solution, or if not, has changing your computer clock time messed up other things on your comp[uter (like email records)?

Your suggestions / experiences would be appreciated

#18     Feb 3, 2003
  9. I updated to 7.2 and now my formula output window wont display. Any suggestions?

#19     Feb 7, 2003
  10. Does the replay function replay the time and sales? Does it 'build' the tick bar from the prints in T&S like in real time or does it just scroll the chart as you said?

#20     Feb 7, 2003