Esignal 7.0

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by saico, Jul 11, 2002.

1. saico

saico

Hi Esignal user,

just a short question, does Esignal 7.0 provide Keltner Channel studies ?

Much thanks !

Saico
    Germany

2. PKJR

PKJR

Not in my opinion - I have seen some of the formulas in Library but they for some reason to do not come close to my TradeStation Keltner.

I was just going to email to Esignal asking for reviewing those formulas and make built-in Keltner study.

Perhaps someone can correct me if I am wrong

3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Yes, eSignal comes pre-loaded with several Keltner studies. They are located under the library folder when you add a formula to an Advanced Chart. They are listed as follows:

Keltner.efs
    KeltnerEMA.efs
    KeltnerEmaBands.efs

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

4. saico

saico

Thanks Scott for your help, thats all I want to know !

Saico

5. PKJR

PKJR

Scott J

But the Keltner study does not appear to be right..the formula is not a true Keltner - am I correct?

6. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Since I'm not too familiar with these Keltner studies, can you provide some more information as to why you feel the Keltner studies in eSignal are not "standard"?

Thanks,

7. PKJR

PKJR

as soon as Esignal tick chart server will be back online I will post the pictures comparing both but just to generalize when using Keltner Study you can set length of moving average and factor (1,5, 2, 3, etc) Nothing like this is existing in your formula and O looked at the code and it was somehow confusing why u need 3 Keltner Libraries to begin with?

8. PKJR

PKJR

TradeStation -attached

Esignal - still waiting for tick server

9. Scott J -

I replaced my winsig.exe with build 455 that Shane O'Dell sent me. Now I see there's an official release out. Should I re-install or leave well enough alone?

Build 455's running quite well - fixed a lot of problems.

10. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Glad to hear 455 is working for you. We're hearing good things from other customers as well. You don't need to get the version on the web at this point but once we make it an official release, I would download that version.

Thanks,

#10     Jul 11, 2002