eSignal 7.0 Japanese Candlestick Problems

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by NihabaAshi, May 11, 2002.

1. I'm an eSignal user and QCharts user. My spouse uses MetaStock Pro.

All the above software have there advantages, disadvantages or problems.

Japanese Candlesticks is the foundation of my trading.

The eSignal chart below (attached to this message) shows a common problem I have with the Japanese Candlesticks in eSignal 7.0

I was wondering if any other users of eSignal was having the same problem.

Many intervals, every trading day, will be missing the Open and Close of the candlestick. Only the High and Low will be displayed.

I do not have this problem with my other charting software when running eSignal on the same computer with them. In addition...when I use it on a third computer all by itself...same problem persists.

Note: I trade mainly the Emini Futures and QQQ.

Nihaba Ashi

2. I saw the same thing on 5m, 15m and 1hr advanced charts. It looked liked the candle was being "cutoff". I setup a custom time template for 9:30 to 4:30 (30 minutes past NYSE close) and this fixed the problem. Might be different for futures or OTC stocks, anything with night sessions or pre-market activity.

Also, if you look at daily stock charts pre-market (early in the morning) you may get a double candle; It repeats yesterday's candle twice, even calculates indicators off of it. Couldn't get around it other than just clicking back a day to hide it. Esignal verified this as "software issue" (bug).

3. I have experienced the same.

4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Thanks for reporting the issue. We'll look into it and post the results on this thread.

Thanks,

5. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

It turns out that this had been previously reported and has already been resolved in the upcoming maintenance release. I believe the problem occured if the open and close of the bar was the same value.

We are hoping to get the maintenance release out by early next week, if not sooner. Our internal testing is going quite well and we've been able to add a few new features as well.

Once I have a definitive date and a complete list of enhancements, I'll post again.

Thanks,

6. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

7. linus71

linus71

I also posted this problem to eSignal and they told me they were aware of this bug.
    This problem should be solved with the new release eSignal 7.01 which just came out today.
    http://www.esignal.com/download/default.asp