eSignal 11 Preview

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by deputycag, Feb 10, 2010.

1. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Correct. QCharts 7 will be built on the same software code-base as eSignal 11 with additional features that are unique to the QCharts platform.

#11     Feb 11, 2010

2. lol just figured it out and deleted my question.

Thanks for answering anyways. :)

#12     Feb 11, 2010
  3. horton

horton

I'm trying out MultiCharts on top of the Esignal Data Feed to get item 2. So far it has performed well so I'm starting to run it as my full front end in place of Esignal. This is a glaring functional gap in Esignal.

#13     Feb 13, 2010
  4. bigpapi

bigpapi

Another bug in esignal which I have brought to the attention of tech support to no avail is the quote for the $aux index, instead of showing the automotive index, it shows the Australian dollar, unless the timeframe is changed to daily (the automotive index quote for $aux is not viewable in intra-day ). Hopefully you guys will finally repair this issue.

#14     Feb 13, 2010
  5. joe4422

joe4422

I love E signal too, but have found the data too be unreliable lately. I have to use my IB to double check all quotes. If E signal were free it would be awesome, as a paid service, I expect accurate quotes. I think E signal needs to focus on quality of data and quotes, and forget about the outside appearance for now.

#15     Feb 13, 2010
  6. I don't want all that fancy shit. Will my old page still display as before?

#16     Feb 13, 2010
  7. no, its goone!

#17     Feb 13, 2010
  8. Instead of superficial appearance improvements, how about something USEFUL, like an autotrading interface to IB?

#18     Feb 13, 2010
  9. If true i can finally rest in peace... its multi threaded now?... finally... !!... yep... you would have to re- write it from the ground up...

bout frickin time... :eek:

#19     Feb 14, 2010
  10. Ditto - trying Multicharts for that reason as well... two things I like about Multicharts when compared to eSignal:

1. Scanner
    2. Workspaces..

Pages in eSignal are still awkward... I like the ability to view my active pages (workspaces) on the bottom of the screen and quickly switch them... eSignal pages are better than the old layouts but still too difficult to use...

#20     Feb 14, 2010