eSignal 11 Preview

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by deputycag, Feb 10, 2010.

1. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Great to hear the initial positive comments. Appreciate the early feedback. We're certainly very excited about the product and can't wait to launch the preview in a few weeks.

Regarding QCharts, we are not planning on discontinuing the product; we will be rolling its unique features into the new platform later this year and repackaging as QCharts 7.

2. Wow I am going to miss the 1988 style interface design we got so used to.

All kidding aside, the new design looks great. Will definitely give the beta a try.

3. Yes, looks good.

4. RL8093

RL8093

Is support for multiple processors included (didn't notice any mention...)?

R

5. This looks extremely awesome. Good work and praise your design team!

6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Yes. The application is multi-threaded and is incredibly fast on a Core i7/i5/i3 system. The whole application was written from the ground up, and most of the data layer is new as well.

The eSignal Data Manager is present in the new app (a key data component to the eSignal network), however we're looking at alternatives in the future in order to ramp up the efficiencies even more as well as eventual native 64-bit support.

7. Jay -- looks awesome, looking forward to it. Questions for you.

1. Curious...What's the development platform? Still C++, .NET, WPF, Silverlight, none of these

2. Any chances users will be able to add EFS as columns in Quote Windows? Something like RadarScreen?

Thanks. !

8. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

eSignal 11 is written in C++.

As far as EFS / Studies in a Watch List (i.e. Quote Window), we are looking to do this, however we are currently in a migration mode of bringing features over from our desktop applications. After these stages are complete, we'll be very active on enhancements such as this.

#10     Feb 11, 2010