eSignal 11.5 Releases

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Joe Doaks, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Thanks for the input Joe, that is what I was looking for. I might give it a shot. I just wanted to be sure since it is $130 or however much a month including the data. I will be trading through IB web trader but needed charts down to smaller time frames, the web trader charts don't go to the smaller time frames is what one of the customer service guys told me. So I thought eSignal might be a good option.

#31     Feb 14, 2013
  2. Take what I say with a grain of salt. I have been with them 13 years, many of those years out of sheer inertia. But if you want fast short timeframe charts, they deliver the goods. I trade off of one-minute with one-second chart triggers. The ability to grab time, bid, ask, last and size for every individual trade is fabulous for computing instantaneous market internals.

#32     Feb 14, 2013
  3. RL8093

RL8093

How small of time frame? I've been using eSig since before they bought Q-charts and have found that the way they process data in sec & tick based charts bogs down my cpu (not just during 'fast' times like opens or econ releases). I worked with them for some time but eventually switched my small timeframe charts to Ninja. Something in the way eSig processes the data. I currently use both as I can't get accurate daily/weekly charts w/ Ninja (go figure)
    Not below 1-min charts?

#33     Feb 14, 2013
  4. Did the web based version still bog down your computer a lot? But I am just looking for the 5 minute and 1 minute chart is all. And I will only be putting on an ema or 2 so nothing complex really.

#34     Feb 14, 2013
  5. RL8093

RL8093

You shouldn't have a problem - 1 & 5 min charts work well no matter how much 'stuff' you put in them.

#35     Feb 14, 2013
  6. Awesome thanks for the input guys. There is no way to use it with another data feed is there? Like connect it to the IB feed so I wouldn't have to pay that extra 70 or 80 fee for the NYMEX. I'm assuming that can't be done though right?

#36     Feb 14, 2013
  7. The data fee can be waived.
    List of exchanges available for CME Group Globex** Fee Waivers: •CME Globex
    •CBOT Globex
    •NYMEX Globex
    •COMEX Globex

http://www.esignal.com/exchanges/eSignal-Futures-Data-Fee-Waivers.aspx

#37     Feb 15, 2013
  8. What? This is a bashing thread! You are not allowed to say nice things about them!

#38     Feb 15, 2013
  9. just21

just21

Esignal 11 is a much improved product. Great user interface. I would like to see total open interest when looking at a continuous futures contract, not open interest for each expiry month.

#39     Feb 15, 2013
  10. Would you kindly explain to an old fool how that would make you more money?

#40     Feb 15, 2013