eSignal 11.5 Releases

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Joe Doaks, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Build 11.5.2964 released on Feb 11, 2013.

#11     Feb 12, 2013
  2. CodeX

CodeX

Just a quick one, do you have level I window along with Level 2 that you can trade from on the Esignal 11.5?

#12     Feb 12, 2013
  3. Sorry, someone else will have to answer that. I don't do stocks. And I think that bid/ask depth is total bullshit.

#13     Feb 12, 2013
  4. CodeX

CodeX

You mean total view or total bullshit?

Seriously why?

#14     Feb 12, 2013
  5. Hidden orders. Auto-refresh orders. Iceberg orders. Spoofing. Far better to know where support and resistance are. The real book is clustered tightly around them.

#15     Feb 12, 2013
  6. cama

cama

I just got a popup that ESignal's new build 11.5.2964 is available (says new 2/11). This is just a few days after another new update on 2/7 (which I got a popup about but I held off). Sheesh. I have been keeping up to date with all of the new releases, but I always always wait at least a few days after the notification to give the loved ones at ESignal a chance to fix their booboos before they become my booboos. Just a thought. And, yes, it was a total headache to upgrade from 10.6 to 11.5 and I wished I had never used ESignal ... but I've used it for so long that it was more of a pain to switch to something else. Everything else I tried (many others) did not do what I was used to, although the price, of course, was better. I wasted a lot of time looking at other stuff and ended up continuing with ESignal. I think the 11.5 works better/faster than the 10.6 but it might be my setup that is better now. Only once has it threatened to crash on me, said I had too many pages open. But when I shut it down and started over, all was fine, and no problems since then. Just be prepared to spend quite a bit of time if you're updating from 10.6. Many changes. I'm still keeping things as simple as possible because there are just too many changes and I haven't had time to spend learning all of it. Hope this helps.

#16     Feb 12, 2013
  7. That certainly did help me. I downloaded a copy of NinjaTrader and scanned the manual for the things I mostly do, and concluded I didn't want to endure the mental pain of changing software and languages at my age. 11.5 is so different from 10.6 that getting it to work smoothly is mostly "by guess or by god." I still haven't changed my codes to 11.5's println convention so what in 10.6 printed "12:32 2762.25 test of open" comes out garbled. The inability to print an efs script from the script editor is a major pain. And the format's waste of screen space that has been there since the first 11.5 is unchanged. I relied on 10.6's ability to jump through its own asshole to get a screen layout that was highly efficient of space and communicated market status amost unconsciously. It's a case of love it or leave it.

#17     Feb 13, 2013
  8. They must have read this thread and started sending out the notification for the popup because I didn't get one yesterday. They also added a notification about SP2 in the Forums today.

#18     Feb 13, 2013
  9. Maybe. But unlikely. I have been bitching about the same issues since v11.5.0 to no avail. New functionality at the expense of old.

#19     Feb 13, 2013
  10. Any truly sophisticated software will have useful undocumented features discoverable only by accident. Today I unintentionally double-tapped a chart (my wife claims this is delirium tremens but I think it could be Parkinson's onset) and my studies disappeared! Panic! WTF! Then I right clicked and found an option to restore them. Curiously, no corresponding option to hide them. So I now consider myself to be an 11.5 power user because I know a secret keystroke!

#20     Feb 13, 2013