eSignal 10.5 is Now Available

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JayF_eSignal, Jul 14, 2009.

1. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

risktaker,

Those are in the Coming Soon column, and are expected to be finished around the end of the year.

#11     Jul 15, 2009
  2. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Jay why do you post on here when you only answer the easy questions about your product.
    Makes you look like a bit of a joke really.

#12     Jul 15, 2009
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Trendy,

Ran that test today on 10.5 (video example), and it took just over 1 minute to download and process 10 days of ES tick data (trades only.) The file turned out to be approximately 34 Mb in size.

Perhaps you were downloading quotes as well? That is a considerably larger amount of data (~137Mb) and would take longer to d/l and process.

I'm not noticing any significant increase in time versus earlier versions of eSignal.

#13     Jul 15, 2009
  4. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Hi Tsun,

With the Yield Curve window you can load in the Libor rates if you are subscribed to them. Take a look at the pic below... is this what you were looking for?

[​IMG]

On the subject of the Eurex feed, I'll need to check into that further. I don't have an adequate answer for you at the moment.

#14     Jul 15, 2009
  5. Jay ,
    I would LOVE to see your ON DEMAND eSignal be able to work on my Amibroker . Any chance of that happening ?

#15     Jul 15, 2009
  6. Jay Thanks very much for your support here. I installed 10.5 and I have Esignal OnDemand. But I still only see 120 days of intraday data.

OnDemand is a great product for the price. But I'll be bummed if I don't get the full amount of available data!

Is something wrong, or will I have to pay for a (much) more expensive service? Thanks for your help.

#16     Jul 15, 2009
  7. If Amibroker can read a .CSV OHLC text file (like Wealth-Lab and others) then On Demand will work (without an API):

Tools-->Data Export, then remove the Bar check and any Studies and Save As CSV. Works great for me.

Good trading to all.

#17     Jul 15, 2009
  8. trendy

trendy

Uh Jay, I said volume data, not tick data. Try again.

#18     Jul 15, 2009
  9. Just loaded 10.5 and it looks great so far. Try to ignore the couple of rude people chiming in here. As an esignal user, I'm very happy with the service.

#19     Jul 16, 2009
  10. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

First apologies for my hasty and unfair first reply.

Thanks for answering. In answer to your question. You carry quotes for the benchmark yields for some of the US curve 2 year and 10 year ($TNX) for sure.

I would like the yield curve of the benchmark 2 year, 5 year, 10 year and 30 year bonds for US,UK Eurozone, and Japan.

Both reuters and bloomberg carry these as a generic bond yield, and these values are the cornerstone of any analysis of a countries economic outlook
    http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates/uk.html

IDC are involved in fixed income products so it shouldn't be an enormous technical issue to add the other 4 symbols per country.

Once you carry these quotes you could then allow users to plot spreads between the different yields and even possibly produce dynamic yield curves or comparison yield curves between 2 dates.

ie http://stockcharts.com/charts/YieldCurve.html

Thanks.

#20     Jul 16, 2009