Esignal 10.1 Much Better Faster

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jaytrader100, May 21, 2008.

1. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Hello bugscoe,

We actually had to pull back the version that Chuck was referring to as it had a display bug in it that showed up under a specific condition. We are in process of testing a fix for this and should have the maintenance release up on the download page sometime this week.

#31     Jul 15, 2008
  2. tallpaw

tallpaw

JayF: once this new release is up on your website, will it fix the lags that I was experiencing with 10.1 which resulted in re-downloading 8.0 in my post on 6-25-2008? Or will I have to try the new version and see if it works?

#32     Jul 15, 2008
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

The issue you described won't be solved by this version. We believe we have tracked down the cause of this to a compatibility issue with P4 processors or similar architecture. However the solution is not a simple fix that can be addressed in a maintenance release. We are planning on addressing this in the next release.

#33     Jul 15, 2008
  4. Its really a shame that this organization uses its clients to test releases....

Personally I won't use them for more than a backup system, and even that is problematic, as can be seen in this thread.

Good luck folks

Steve

#34     Jul 15, 2008
  5. Somebody should probably post a link to version 8.0 so folks can move back to it if they wish...

#35     Jul 15, 2008
  6. In the latest version, downloaded Monday, the Market Depth window has a bug related to the "Regional" book. Clicking on the Regional book will cause the quoted symbol to go dead in linked Summary and Quote windows upon changing to a different symbol. Not a big deal for Nasdaq, but a big problem for NYSE and AMEX listed.

#36     Jul 15, 2008
  7. Ok blame P4, but 8.0 doesn't have the issue. Just leverage off of version 8.0

To all who can't take 10.1 anymore

version 8.0

http://www.esignal.com/executables/esignal_80r1.exe

#37     Jul 15, 2008
  8. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Perhaps I came across wrong... I'm not blaming the processor itself, the problem is in one of our own DLLs and just manifests on P4 processors. We acknowledge the issue, and we are working towards a solution.

Here's an alternative link to grab older versions if needed.
    http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article.asp?article=3579&p=1

#38     Jul 15, 2008
  9. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Once again, we have made the eSignal 10.1 maintenance release available to the public for immediate download. The issue that caused us to pull the version last week has been corrected and thoroughly tested. I would encourage all users to update their installations to this version.

http://www.esignal.com/download

In the month that 10.1 has been released, we've seen a nice uptake of installations. This is due in part to large performance improvements that have been put into this version as well as Advanced GET enhancements and the great, new trading integration tools. Our broker-neutral strategy remains strong, and we'll continue to grow this area of eSignal in the coming versions.

In addition to this launch, we've also released eSignal OnDemand recently. Starting at $25 / month for a delayed, snapshot eSignal subscription, it is very value-conscience offering for investors looking for powerful research tools.

Our development team continues to work hard on creating the next generation of eSignal. Be sure to send your feedback on features you'd like to see to our online suggestion box.
    http://www.esignal.com/regform/emailformbox.asp?Source=IDEAS

Our Product Managers read through each and every suggestion, and we appreciate all the great ideas that come through.

Sincerely,
    Jay Frank
    Product Manager

#39     Jul 16, 2008
  10. Xuanxue

Xuanxue

I simply have to say that when I receive an email for an upgrade, I fully expect it to be an official release that pikers with money and time to lose will have tested for you. I don't have time to lose and I refuse to lose money. I'll download the maintainence version so-called, and if it doesn't do the job, or more bugs are found, you can expect to lose my business. That you put speed downloading historical data over and above handling volume surges, that BTW has always been your product's weakness, only proves you care more about your bottom line than the traders you cater to.

I mean really, real-time data that can't sustain 80% of momentum trades. What the hell are you people thinking?

Anyway, the honeymoon's over. Get it right this time. Or walk.

#40     Jul 16, 2008