Esignal 10.1 Much Better Faster

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jaytrader100, May 21, 2008.

1. It's because of shills like you that we continue to post our real life experiences with eSignal. For anyone reading this, there have been massive problems with eSignal over the past couple of years and support has done nothing to solve them (just do a search here on ET by title using 'eSignal' as the search term). All we got from support was 'We acknowledge that we're having issues and we're working to fix them'. eSignal never once made any gesture to their customers in an effort to say 'we value your business and here's what we're going to do to keep it after repeatedly dropping the ball'.

If people are skeptical about any new releases or claims about improvements, it's totally understandable. I used the service for 2 years and finally gave up early this year.

Bottom line - eSignal is massively overpriced. If you want a retail data feed there are plenty of options out there at 70% of the cost of eSignal, and they have a 1-800 number (unlike eSignal) and they pick up the phone in the middle of the trading day, unlike eSignal, where the only way to get a rep is through Live Chat at 3:30 a.m. EST. Yes, you'll have problems at i.e. IQFeed as well, but at least you'll know you're not paying the extra money for the privilege of getting your lagging data (I have never used IQFeed).

If you want real data, CQG is the cheapest alternative, and it goes up from there.

#21     Jun 24, 2008
  2. tr51

tr51

Jay
    Am very frustrated, switched to 10.5 from 8.0 yesterday and all went well till this AM

I trade using constant vol charts. When I turned the program on this AM the charts would slowly start to upload and then freeze after only a few bars. I was unable to change pages nor even close the program except via control alt delete.

I have downloaded the repair option twice and no luck. I would like to revert to the 8.0 version but do not know how.

What would you advise to be my next step.

tks

#22     Jun 25, 2008
  3. downloaded 10.1 and yes it is faster. notice it most when downloading ratio charts.

BB

#23     Jun 25, 2008
  4. Switch to CQG!

#24     Jun 25, 2008
  5. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

TKS, what exact symbols and intervals are you using and what is the Time Template you are using? Have you tried opening a New Page and then creating a new chart with similar settings?

I don't think you have a bad install, but perhaps something else is amiss here.

#25     Jun 25, 2008
  6. tallpaw

tallpaw

FOMC come and gone .. left rates unchanged. My son trades with me and I had downloaded 10.1 on his computer. I had mentioned above I switched back over to 8.0. When the FOMC announcement came out a couple minutes earlier than 2:15 p.m. EST, my computer (Esignal 8.0) was perfect, no lags at all. But as you can imagine, my son's computer with Esignal 10.1 had a huge time lag. Getting ready to switch his computer back over to 8.0 after this message.

#26     Jun 25, 2008
  7. Yeap, same crap on 10.1. Downloading 8.0 after the close. Can't they just make all the releases as good as 8.0.....

#27     Jul 8, 2008
  8. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

A new maintenance release of 10.1 has been posted on our web site.

Version 8.0 is still a valid release if people are happy with it. But our testing has shown 10.1 to be as twice as fast as 10.0 and uses 1/3 as much memory.

There are over 6,000 users who have upgraded and running on the 10.1 release.

http://www.esignal.com/download/default.asp

Chuck

#28     Jul 12, 2008
  9. ....so 6000 new users are the new beta testers for the forthcoming 10.2 :D

#29     Jul 12, 2008
  10. So is the new maintenance release the 6/11 release that is shown on that link? Or is there a newer one as of the date you posted this message?

#30     Jul 15, 2008