ES weekly option

Discussion in 'Options' started by trader198, Dec 2, 2012.

1. ktm

ktm

I trade weekly future option all time. Very good.

#11     Dec 3, 2012
  2. I just started trading ES options recently and I love it. For the strategies I use, I find the execution to be much better than SPX with the same tax advantages.

#12     Dec 3, 2012
  3. thanks sharing with me your experience.

I have the same feeling ES weekly options are the best among future options. I examined NG, CL, GC, ZN/ZB, those are monthly options. could not get a feeling about those options. future options in large prive movement is very good.

I tried ES 1400 put this week, bought several monday opening, aalready doubled. I like the ES weekly options. since trades are treated as future trading, I do not need itemize each trade when in tax reporting, that is very awesome feature. I just wish IRS can remove wash sale rule for stock option trading, book keeping to a person like me an very active trader is an heavy burden!

I like to trade stock options than future options. the future number is too big, so the option price is twisted too heavily, hard to gauge the optimal entry point. plus index is full of whipsaws, trending well days are not so common. yesterday is a good trending day.

today actually is good. find the resistance and fade the pop. I feel cumbsome in future options, so I shorted the ES directly.

#13     Dec 4, 2012