es vs. sp

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by razf1, Jun 7, 2008.

1. minmike

minmike

I have to assume that any commission you pay to send the order to a person in the pit overwhelms the savings from only doing 1 vs 5 electronically.

If you really trade a lot, leasing a seat helps.

If you trade more than that, owning a seat helps even more.

Maybe you need a new broker.

#11     Jun 24, 2008
  2. razf1

razf1

My current broker is optionsxpress. Their retail total cost is about $7-8 including comm/fees/other charges. I was told for the month of june my adjusted commission will be $4. I assume the fees/other charges will add up to another $1.5....I guess $5.5/ct per side isnt all that bad. I know IB is alot cheaper but I like the fact that OX has a desk which is pretty prompt in case the site is down and I need to reverse a trade.

#12     Jun 24, 2008
  3. Keep in mind over there at Pureslick, they hold for 40 points to get 5 before exit so on a tight range day how many fucking trades can you make LOL?

#13     Jun 24, 2008
  4. HSC.1775

HSC.1775

You should check out FuturesPath trading, Mirus Futures, and Velocity Futures. All three have fully staffed desks and much better rates and technology than OX.

#14     Jun 29, 2008
  5. Hey today was a tight range day so I'll answer it now. Had 7 trades. One stopped out and am green with 2 YM contracts $438. of course im still a newbie and have no idea what im doing. Enjoy your Tuesday.

Cajun

#15     Jun 30, 2008