ES Volume Leads Price

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Joe Doaks, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Lets do the whipsaw pattern so p[opular for traders who do not know how to read volume leading price.

The algorithm was invented for whipsaws that occur on R and it doe not work at all (quite the opposite) on S.

If you are a trader and you could see this on page one of the OP's thread then give yourself a lot of credit.

Lets see what the people who posted on subsequent pages said who did not get this twist of reasoning. It is worth the trip....LOL....

You can see from this how dumbed down most of ET is at this point. Lots os BAD's to have a smile over.

We will come up with the anti whipsaw after I do a couiple more jems that show how the mistaken algorithm is riddled with poor analytical stuff or where omissions were made when looking at other part of regular market operations.

This is fun except for the fact that this really happened and a person who is out there made the mistaken algorithm up and he used to believe it had any value.

This whipsaw while testing R is where the algorithm came from....LOL..

My posts probably seem far apart....LOL....

#41     Apr 6, 2007
  2. Lets move up to intermediate for this one.

Take a look at the mistaken lalgorithm differentiating between a retrace on a trend and a reversal of trend

Go back and look at the contrarian poster's comments too. LOL...

Here we are sitting on an extreme trending value and we apply the mistaken algorithm.......

Some thing is beginning....

Is it a bird.. is it a plane.... no it is another mistake.

What can be siad...

This is risky business for avtrader who may not know the differences between a retrace and a reversal.

Since it borders on intermediate level performance better google all the implications and inferences.

This just brings up the point of how algorithms are desinged, tested and refined to be very workable.

Naturally I as a lawyer would, have the resolution and the solution to all of this down pat.

But first we have the 80 edges and a couple more patterns to go.

What would it be like to run this stuff up an expert flagpole?

What would be being discussed?

WHAT WOULD BE DISCUSSED IS WHY VOLUME LEADS PRICE AND HOW POWERFUL IT IS TO INSTANTANEOUSLY AT ANY TIME FOR ANY MARKET YOU CAN ALWAYS BE DOING THE RIGHT THING TO CONTINUALLY BE MAKNG MONEY.

#42     Apr 6, 2007
  3. So lets make a list of the times and patterns that the mistaken algorithm does not address in any way.

This is intermediate level also.

Here we do a little snow flaking. The mathematics of fractals.

It comes down to "and, then" logic, running clocks and some "if and only if stuff".

Well, the mistaken algoirthm is not transportable it turns out.

Class derivation and inheritance (obj or prog) stuff. Sorry guys.

Intermediate and expert trader "ride through" some choices simply because of the net gain not being worth the action largely interms of car carrying capacity and and considering influencing the markets to a minor knowable extent..

#43     Apr 6, 2007
  4. 2233, 2242, 2252 (gmt)
    I am running a 10 min chart

#44     Apr 6, 2007
  5. STEERAM

STEERAM Guest

for scalping ym what would be better 1 min or 3 min candle stick chart. i am looking to scalp heavily does 1 or 3 min give a better indication

#45     Apr 6, 2007
  6. The way people who are big traders in a variety of regimes would view this mistaken algorithm.

Give a mental look see at the wiz books and new guys on the block like Stevie in Greenwich and some of the older guys using oak desks in Omaha. Look at the privately held grain companies and glance at the enregy games over at GS and other places.

Now move into the offices of MF's and HF's and then go over the brokerages that have POA's for old money and take a look at the guys who run the investment accounts for heavy hitting staffers of companies on the move.

They all spend money on brains to know what is going on and they DO NOT EVER get taken in by BS the likes of what the OP foisted off on the ET members, yet one more time.

Who cleans the clocks of lame brains at these places? Who at GS is on point to head off something like this from getting past step one in the coding processes.

That's easy. HDO mentioned it a few days back in the snippet thread. My first moments in this stuff came an outgrowth of a cocktail party in Greenwich in about 1960. I was slipped a 100 an hour to review the WP's of staffers and critique them on my own spare time. I did have to go PTP occasionally to work in situ. What a mess that had to be handled!!! And it is too late if it hits the street!!!!

#46     Apr 6, 2007
  7. Neither

Scalping is not done off price charts.

ET may not have a scalping oriented forum as yet.

#47     Apr 6, 2007
  8. STEERAM

STEERAM Guest

what is it mainly done off of

#48     Apr 6, 2007
  9. To have a sytem that telegraphs you need several inputs and you need to monitor them in a particular manner.

The ES makes the best example.

Here you are running through the day where you have several concurrent concerns.

I. how many contracts over all.

2. how to break the total number up to optimize the "take"

3. how frequently to take chunks of profits.

4. how large each chunk is

5. whether to be trading "inside" the larger chunks.

You need to be able to execute promptly as well. so you need to have a great trading set up.

There are several transitions to go through as well which mostly relate to your ability to your acquisition of skills to coordinate what you are seeing with what to do to make money.

There is an inherent kind of personal limit when doing this that comes down to not being able to be intent on optimizing the "take".

What the data feed looks like is a few platforms each gining you a piece. There is no single platform. That is good in a back handed way because you can "see" the differences in the feeds too.

You basically see several things to have all five answers continually coming at you all the time.

The result is you can trade as though you are laddering most of the time. This is how you get and keep at capacity. Laddering is usually serial but this is a parallel laddering.

You keep hitting the market to get loaded to capacity and you peel around the extremes.

The chunk sizes are determined by the T&S because that is where you see what is "possible" chunk wise. The DOM gives you how "many" chunks you can snag.

You see the limits of the moves in three places as well.

1. the walls are on the DOM.

2. the wall going into effect is on the premium (a little modified) range dynamic, and

3. The restart clocks on the single tick range tick charts.

4. the two pairs on the DOM. they translate, dwell and reverse dominance.

An example might be a money velocity of two ticks per minute on a capacity of 500 contracts.

There have only been a few posts over the years in ET on this kind of stuff.

There are few choices about how to build up to this mentality for trading. It is better to be an expert in all other kinds of trading first. It is not a good idea to go into scalping from the fereakout mentality of the fear caused by thinking that the longer the hold the greater the risk which comes from referencing your trading from an entry. anyone who references trades with respect to entries becomes mentally stunned and bummed out after a while.

There are not many resourses on this kind of stuff.
    If you are trading audio, for sure your broker will be contacting you frequently if they are coattailing you.

#49     Apr 6, 2007
  10. Jeez! I take my old man nap, and go see the new Richard Gere movie "The Hoax" (no irony intended), and my flimsy insubstantial evanescent little thread has been hijacked! Do I have to watch you guys every MINUTE? Well, after innumerable posts PROMISING to explain how V "leads" P, you still haven't gotten around to it. Did you forget HOW? Maybe you should take more naps, like me.

Anyway, you guys won't be larfing after a few days of posting results. I used the crudest possible algorithm with no subsidiary tests or significance thresholding. So I am just getting warmed up. My ultimate objective is to create an "SCT for Dummies" (no wisecracks about the CURRENT state of SCT, please). I already have Guasian Lite coded up and working nicely, thank you very much. And by quite a feat of algorithmical legerdemain, it works inside a single five-minute bar. Quite a trick, peering inside there, hahaha! Did anybody see me post THAT? HELL NO! I much prefer to post FAILED experiments. If I go silent on THIS one, you'll know I made it work.

#50     Apr 6, 2007