ES trading volumes

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Gamer, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Gamer

Gamer

You are absolutely right. Nobody in their right mind should trade those hours.

I am not disputing your view, I totally agree with you. I was just trying to understand what goes on behind the scene, which you have now explained very clearly.

Many thanks.

#11     Jul 27, 2009
  2. i have very little data to base my idea on but found the 8 and 9am pst had the largest
    volume and occasionally 1am - 4am est
    i put it down to the europeans finishing trading for the day, 8 for the continentals and
    9 for those in the uk

#12     Jul 27, 2009
  3. Gamer

Gamer

BTW Eprado, I'll make it a point to read all your posts from now on. I know a real trader when I see one.

#13     Jul 27, 2009
  4. EPrado

EPrado

Thanks.

There are a bunch of guys on here who do trade/have something to say worth reading. Just have to weed through most of the bullshit to find em. I usually PM to the guys I want to talk trading with. Otherwise this place is mostly populated by idiots.

#14     Jul 27, 2009
  5. If the market dies during the mid-day hours, then would it not be wise to fade the mid day movements????

Walt

#15     Jul 29, 2009
  6. EPrado

EPrado

Yes..right now that is most likely a good strategy. There is no follow through. All you need to do is look at todays SP action.

#16     Jul 29, 2009