ES scalping,is it worth?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Torge, May 18, 2004.

1. Is it worth it? No, not to me.

#51     May 19, 2004
  2. Well said.

Although it seems a waste that each of us must labor largely independently to determine what works. I'd like to think we can learn and save time from the collective wisdom here but it can be difficult to know what is information and what is misinformation. And just to be clear - I'm not talking about this thread.

#52     May 19, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nitro, what about our good friend Joey Commiso?

#53     May 19, 2004
  4. taodr

taodr

What about Nihab ?? He is not exactly making bread money. Not a scalper though>

#54     May 19, 2004
  5. nitro

nitro

Maverick,

Commisso was someone I liked - I enjoyed the Zen postings. I can't stand the new Virtuoso character s/he has become. Perhaps this site has that effet on all of us.

As to whether s/he makes money or not, I have no idea since I do not know him/her.

nitro

#55     May 19, 2004
  6. mind

mind

nitro

you do not trade index futures profitably? 'always thought you did ...

you are somehow engaged in eastern mystics?

peace

#56     May 19, 2004
  7. nitro

nitro

mind,

I have traded them on and off, and I am essentially back where I started, a little plus. Given the amount of effort I have expanded on it, it has been bad business for me.

I am currently working on something for trading e-futures that is the best work I have ever produced by light years, and I am really excited about it.

As far as being engaged in eastern mystics, the answer is that I really enjoy reading eastern literature. For example, I would love to learn some ancient languages so as to be able to read the epic poetry of ancient Greece and India in the original tongues. In particular, I would like to read the Bhagavad-Gita, the "Song of God" from the Mahabharata.

nitro

#57     May 19, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nitro, how do you know that nobody on ET makes money scalping ES/NQ? Have you PMed them and asked them or are you just assuming? Clearly a lot of people on ET claim to make money scalping mini's but whether they do is a whole other story. I guess you can always ask them.

#58     May 19, 2004
  9. nitro

nitro

I do not know who Nihab is.

nitro

#59     May 19, 2004
  10. Ebo

Ebo

Scalping a few hundred a day will not make you a millionaire.
    The real wood is made position trading/scaling into 10-25 lots using intelligent risk management and TA.
    Most people are full of it.... that claim to make $1000 PLUS a day every day and go home flat.

#60     May 19, 2004