ES scalping,is it worth?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Torge, May 18, 2004.

1. 40Deuce

40Deuce

absolutely, and if you're doing size, why not just increase to 400 default . . . speaking of which, I must excuse myself while I get back into this market to butt heads with 990

trade well

#21     May 18, 2004
  2. Torge

Torge

You are right,but i want to take some illusions ,that sacalping is an easy game.

So what is your risk reward?

#22     May 18, 2004
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

But ideal for tighter traders.

#23     May 18, 2004
  4. blueberrycake,

what do you guys think of .75 stop and 1.25++ target. I've tried that. Sometimes I move the 1.25 to higher amt as the trend persist. But sometimes it comes right back down.

But your accuracy still has to be pretty high... Scalping is a hard game period. It can still be done.

#24     May 18, 2004
  5. :D :D

#25     May 18, 2004
  6. #26     May 18, 2004
  7. taigong

taigong

just look at CME stock since going public...

#27     May 18, 2004
  8. Everest

Everest

Your math is wrong, your method is wrong and the market is right.

Tommorow, lets try brian surgery, and Friday we'll go fly the space shuttle.

It took me years to learn, and all I really know still now is that you can't teach scalping.

Sorry to be a bugbear, but there it is.

#28     May 18, 2004
  9. Steve Matrix does this and makes money. It's not my style though. So maybe u should hook up with him.

#29     May 18, 2004
  10. Yes, you can make money scalping the ES but why? I scalp and daytrade the s&p, dow and russell with good success but it took 4 years of losing to get over the hump. Try the dow or russell emini.... or how about currencies to start? There are easier markets to trade out there if you do your homework and read some of the previous posts from some of the big fish on ET. I'm just a guppy.

island0004
    :D

#30     May 18, 2004