ES Reversal Method

Discussion in 'Journals' started by no_pm_please, Mar 30, 2006.

1. And here's the new low paintbar study.

#41     Mar 31, 2006
  2. Another new low made at 1302.75 so stop will be at 1302.50.

CCI has crossed the average however new lows were being made up through the last bar. If this 5 min. bar doesn't set a new low, then I'll be getting long at 12:55.

#42     Mar 31, 2006
  3. Long 1303.75 stop at 1302.50.

#43     Mar 31, 2006

4. thanks for updating, but didnt the ES price break outside yesterday's range?

Why take another buy signal if price made a new low?

thanks

#44     Mar 31, 2006
  5. And what abou the new lows EasyLanguage?

Do you have any rules about when to start trading like no trades between 8:30 and 9:00 CST?

#45     Mar 31, 2006
  6. I use that if I'm stopped out outside of yesterday's range. The idea is a low or high made outside of yesterday's range could be the end of the trend (lots of stops are placed below the low and above the high). If there isn't anything left I'd like to give it one last shot before throwing in the towel for the day.

#46     Mar 31, 2006
  7. I posted the new lows easylanguage in the post after the new highs.

I don't have any rules on when to start trading for the day.

#47     Mar 31, 2006
  8. Thanks. NO_PM

I figured the chart thing from tinkering with it.

How did you do for the day? Can you post a final chart, one with all the signals take for the day compressed into one?

#48     Mar 31, 2006
  9. I'll summarize the days trades and keep a running total so everyone can see how the method does over time.

Obviously with the high for the day made in the first 15 min. of trading it looks pretty ugly for this reversal method.

Better to see the pain before the gain so you don't get too complacent.

I want to include the first trade I missed in today's results but I won't be able to do so until I refresh the intraday data. I probably won't do the summary until tomorrow am as I'm going out to dinner tonite.

Still one last trade active....where's the bulls when you need them. Not very hopeful because CNBC said the market is going to drop near the close due to end of quarter rebalancing in the S&P.

#49     Mar 31, 2006

10. So, we'll probably get a bounce.:)

#50     Mar 31, 2006