es profit on 1/4 point can it be done?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by saxon22, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It does seem easy just looking at a chart. I'll give you that.

#41     Oct 6, 2006
  2. as for fills, remember that you will ALWAYS get filled on a loser, but not nearly so on the winners.

I agree with bitstream, just give it a try.

W

#42     Oct 6, 2006
  3. Banjo

Banjo

bitstream is right, what you're accepting as truth in the equation without examining the absurdity of it is the underlying tenet of scalping.You have to have a win/hit rate of nearly 100% since the expectancy is capped at such a small #. Round #'s of $5 commission and $12.50 for the quarter point mean a win is worth $7.50 and a loss cost $17.50, one loss effectively wipes out 3 wins. You can literally almost never be wrong, something you're glossing over as do-able, it's not. Firms that do this use algorythmic trading, size and very low commission. Your bet will be talking directly to their bet.

#43     Oct 6, 2006

4. Time will tell, time will tell. I have heard that lack of plan and discipline will make even the best of traders into fecal matter. :D

As for advice: I never ignore it I just not always take it.

#44     Oct 6, 2006

5. It has nothing to do with guessing. Opening an account and trying it out would the easy part. I need more time, but when I am good and ready I will give it a try.

#45     Oct 6, 2006
  6. I am glad you gave it a try. How did it look when you put it to test in real life???? Can you provide more details???? Inquiring minds want to know.:D

#46     Oct 6, 2006
  7. Thanks for the tip, but I have invested too much time watching, analyzing and researching ES to switch to E7 now. I want to see if this will work in ES market. Nevertheless, thank you for your input, maybe in the future I look into E7.:D

#47     Oct 6, 2006

8. Your response doesn't really address the issue does it?:confused:

#48     Oct 6, 2006

9. Thank you for seeing it from my angle. I am not a veteran trader and I have not wet my feet at the fountain of trading yet. So maybe my system is full of ... hot air, but thisis what I have been able to come up with so far. Maybe, once I have a couple of years of trading behind me and my nick will have couple thousands responses next to it, I too would look at my post with a smirk. As for now, from the charts of it, it looks like it could make $$$$$$$.

#49     Oct 6, 2006
  10. I see your point and ..... it worries me.
    :(

#50     Oct 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.