es profit on 1/4 point can it be done?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by saxon22, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwahal

mwahal

Try with a 1, 5, 10, 20 size lot first. See if your system works. Then you can keep adding more and more contracts.

#21     Oct 4, 2006
  2. Go to openecry.com. Download their simulator. It will let you trade up to 100 contracts. Then, have at it.

#22     Oct 4, 2006

3. That is the plan first 1 lot for a month and then 2 for a month and then every month until I gewt to 5 where I plan to stay for a while and then one day maybe a 10 o 20 lot will come in place. In the meantime I am still reading, reading and reading. Thank for your input

#23     Oct 4, 2006
  4. I have done the openecry a while ago. At the time I had no edge, no plan and no discipline to do it right. Perhaps it is time to revisit the site sign up for the sim and see how it would go.
    I have tested my "system" with e signal files and it seems to make money. However, I am aware that paper trading and real action are not exactly the same animal. For now I am just testing waters.

#24     Oct 4, 2006
  5. Even if you could, why would you want to? I'd think trading that system day in and day out would have you ready for a straight jacket within a month. More power to ya if you can pull it off, but I seriously doubt the long term profitability of such trading.

#25     Oct 4, 2006

6. My job right now has me more than ready for a straight jacket. However, I do not see the madness in my system. Every time I see a break out, instead of going for 2,3,4 points like most traders would with let say 10 lot positions I would do the same except for 1/4 to 1/2 point with 200 lot position, where is the stress. Chances of the market going me direction are high, (if my set up is correct) and probability of it going that 1/4 to 1/2 is much higher than if I were to wait for 2,3,4 point break out, where is the stress????

#26     Oct 4, 2006
  7. Where's the stress? Dude, you've got ice water in your veins.

Let me ask you this. How many losing trades in a row are you willing to sit through?

There is no good answer to that question. If you say "As many as I need to", you're going to be toast very soon. And if you say "Not very many", it will never get off the ground.

Never the less, good luck to you-

Don-

#27     Oct 5, 2006
  8. I have tested my approach albeit in a limited way and if you are taking 1/4 going with the trend on 1 min chart using tick chart to see the action more clearly, most of the time it is easy to catch a set up for 1/4 point. The only thing one has to look out for are the break outs. Other than that the system seems to work. I AGREE it is not a perfect system, namely the risk factor is high and there is a lot of buying and selling going on, but it is a direction I am willing to look into and further develop.

#28     Oct 5, 2006
  9. Saxon-

I see that you avoided my question. Before you go very far you'll have to ask that question to yourself, and as I said before, there is no good answer.

Don-

#29     Oct 5, 2006
  10. Urkel

Urkel

On $5 fees noooooo way. I hate baseball, but a great baseball player bats what .350(35% hit rate)??

Saxon have u realized you WILL be wrong at least 6/10 times I dont care what you research says this is a fact espcially in the ES doing that type of trading. Assuming you will be on X-Trader or something similiar and a great connection. You would get burned with your 100 lot but go for it would love to hear how this turns out. $5 fees scalping for a 1/4 point, my gawd.

#30     Oct 5, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.