Es profit on 1/4 point can it be done? Part II

Discussion in 'Journals' started by saxon22, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Classic

#41     Feb 22, 2007
  2. I agree somewhat....wow, what a physical drain this system would be ! Why not take an algorithmic approach with black or gray box software ? When you are talking profits in TICKS, that means bid/ask movement and size become important. If I were you, I'd look at some bid/ask models like this one:
    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~mkearns/projects/save-sobi.html

#42     Feb 22, 2007
  3. This system works great...

if you were a market maker and ES was traded that way :D

#43     Feb 22, 2007
  4. I meant that it does not immediately fill on the bid (assuming a buy) even if price sits on one price for some time, cause most of the time you're not th first in queue and at the same time if price stalls at one price it by itself means that market is quiet and liquidity is lower than in volatile periods.

Of course you get filled almost instantly on the ask, sometimes on the bid too, it happens, but in my experience less often than not and you most likely are filled at ask.

As for me I don't care, cause I hunt for at least several points and consider my main mistake in trading that I don't let profits run enough, but for strategy like yours it is absolutely fatal.

And yes, of course NQ is much thinner, but it's second thickest e-mini contract and if you trade say 10 contracts on it I don't think it's harder to fill than 100 contracts on ES.

The problem with your strategy is IMO the fact that in reality fills on bid are relatively rare, at least my experience shows so.

On your place I'd better search for some real method which doesn't depend too much on poor fills and a little slippage and learn it with simulator until you become consistently profitable. There are lots and lots of such methods absolutely for free on the net. Reason is simple: they require a lot of screen time, shortly - a lot of WORK and most people who want to trade at the same time don't want to work, they want to get rich quick.

It's banal advice, but IMO the only way to really succeed. And you won't bother with all these bid/ask issues and try to compete with black boxes which anyway have better connection, better comissions... Better everything except for one thing: no human brain which is able to learn, distinguish "beautiful" pattern from "ugly" and there lies your edge.

Best wishes
    Janis

#44     Feb 22, 2007
  5. Tums

Tums

I have told him previously, but I don't think he got the message. The dollar sign has blinded his vision. He will not learn until he uses REAL money.
    Let him enjoy his dream while he can, reality always come too soon.

#45     Feb 22, 2007
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Quick tip--You can knock out the "Carpet rider" in Mike Tyson's KO when the ruby in his turban lights up.

#46     Feb 22, 2007
  7. Bsulli

Bsulli

No programmer will ever be able to make it to be in tune with real life trading because live trading involves one thing that simulators can't minick and that is emotions, period. Until you actually put on a real trade using real money in real time you will never know what your made of no matter how good you get on the holy grail of trading sim's. Sim's give someone a false sense of learning the mechanics of trading. Only emotions teach you proper money management and that is to follow your rules when you emotions aren't in check.

I wish you the best of luck in your search for the ultimate trading similator.

Bsulli

#47     Feb 22, 2007
  8. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know how long it took me to figure that out??

Better tip...

Now, I've never really seen snow.. but from my 24 years of life the best tip I have ever received was to never eat yellow snow.. :)

Oh yeah and the blood code for Mortal Kombat 1 on Sega Genesis is A,B,A,C,A,B,B and Sub Zero's fatality is Forward, Down, Forward, Forward, High Punch

Enjoy!

#48     Feb 22, 2007
  9. Tums

Tums

tell it to his face -- he saved your SKIN !!! not a mere couple hundred dollars.

#49     Feb 22, 2007

10. They could provide more realistic fills for example, more in tune with what is really going on when one trades with real $$$. After all, they call it a sim not a video game where one uses it to prepare for live trading and not to have fun (like when playing video games). The rest involving emotions I agree with you - it would be hard to place it in the sim.

#50     Feb 22, 2007