Es profit on 1/4 point can it be done? Part II

Discussion in 'Journals' started by saxon22, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Yeah, how about those 1 second scalps?

#11     Feb 22, 2007
  2. You are NOT GOING TO GET CREDITS...YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR COMMISH... YOU WILL NOT GET FILLED ON THE(BID ASK)AND be filled right away on the other side

#12     Feb 22, 2007
  3. do you get credits for adding liquidity to anything other than some stock exchanges? futures? options?

#13     Feb 22, 2007
  4. No only with ECN ( stocks)... But i was trying to GUIDE OUR FRIEND by keeping him away from the quarter point formula . It seems very tight , considering the bid ask spread and the risk reward factor without counting the commish.

#14     Feb 22, 2007
  5. Saxon:

Sorry to disappoint you, but it seems that your spreadsheet doesn't include commissions and the more important point: in my live trading I don't see often my limits being filled immediately and on the bid price (assuming a buy). I trade NQ but don't think ES is much different.

Of course if I'm wrong and it happens more often than not, good for you. :)

#15     Feb 22, 2007
  6. Cferret good point specially on the NQ ... very slippery

#16     Feb 22, 2007
  7. T280

T280

It's all academic, Saxon has never taken a trade in his life and never will... let alone the 100 contracts he is foaming at the mouth about

Of course if he ever does ante up it will be just another suckers money in our pockets

#17     Feb 22, 2007
  8. I say go for it!

All that extra liquidity in the market, yum. :)

JJ

#18     Feb 22, 2007
  9. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

Hi Saxon22,

I spent the month of December last year using the OeC Sim to test out a scalping Strategy.

Given your description above mine seems v. similar to yours. i.e. take a quarter point using lmt orders.

I made outstanding returns on the Sim even taking into account commissions and the occasional loss. So far so good...

Then I placed my first real trade using said strategy.

It took me no more than a few minutes to figure out that the OeC Sim is totally misleading in terms of speed of fills (queue management simulation) in relation to the live ES e-mini market - NO SIMILARITY WHATSOEVER. In the live market you join the queue and can wait literally minutes...rather than the seconds you are used to in the OEC Sim.

By all means give it a go - but I suggest you try first with 1 contract not 100. Better still try a more realistic simulator first as others have suggested.

Best of luck with you scalping strategy.

JAR

#19     Feb 22, 2007
  10. asap

asap

1tick is it possible?

yes but...

have to pay not more than 40c per RT and

better have TT and

professsional comms and

deep pockets to overcome drawdown and

lots of luck.

#20     Feb 22, 2007